Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVMarketing

Google Street View for Realtors7212

eggardner private msg quote post Address this user
I've not really paid too much attention of Google Street View and how it works with Matterport. Am I right in thinking that if I do the external street scans while I am at a property, that I can upload them to Google automatically and then those scans will be added to what's already on Google (or added to Google if there's nothing there) in a short period of time.

I am trying to figure out if there's a unique selling point I can offer to home sellers with this service.

Is there anywhere online I can go to find out more about this?

Thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @eggardner ,

You cannot put private residences on Google Street View on the Trusted program.

"You should not under any circumstances publish photos or videos taken from the interior of private residences or from any other publicly inaccessible locations or no photo zones."
Source: https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/answer/7401426?hl=en

Other privacy policies:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/streetview/privacy/

Sales resources:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/streetview/sales/

You should focus on companies.

Jefferson Takeda
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks Jefferson,

I was really thinking more about the outside view for driving directions though!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
DaveFahrny private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is that GSV is for commercial properties only.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@eggardner - Actually, you have a great idea and I'm giving you two thumbs up. You can totally post exteriors on Google as it's in the street.

It is, however, the wrong way to go about doing this as it will not connect to the actual blue line Street View data and it'll probably not be seen by anyone.

The actual solution for this would be to purchase a Car-Ready device like the NCTech iStar Pulsar and to capture the entire street and submit that to Google.

It's up to you to see if you can provide a service for updating street view for residential real estate. When people are looking for homes, the exterior is important and Google Street View is an extremely accessible resource that I imagine a lot of home buyers are looking at during the process. If the imagery of the home they want to buy looks very attractive, I imagine that it could be justified as a product.

Updating Street View blue lines for businesses and scanning new developments is probably a better strategy, but this would not be a bad product to offer to see if anyone bites. You just need a Car-Ready Camera to do it!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 - interesting. So does google need car-ready camera operators to update StreetView?
Post 6 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Ok @eggardner

As @Metroplex360 said (he was there on the event that announced this news about Street View) you can do this exterior updates on the map.

@angusnorriss you can read this topic with more info about this:

How to Make Money Selling Google Street View “Map Updates”

Jefferson Takeda
IMG360
Post 7 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@eggardner
You can also use the Insta360 PRO (ours is lovingly called Bob) you just need to buy the roof mount and the GPS unit to do it. We have been seriously looking at this since the announcement at the Google Summit as we work a lot with new developments etc.
There are a few grey areas however with this as there can be issues if the roads aren't mapped yet. However saying that we have been advised by a "Google Moderator" that even if the roads aren't mapped the "blue line" should still show up and once you have done it you can flag it to Google who will (hopefully) fast track the creation of the street.
Interesting times ahead that's for sure! We are hoping that Bob starts to get a bit more use!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, Google basically is encouraging us to fill in 'Urban Canyons' -- areas where there is no Street View imagery. Google uses Street View data with machine learning to enhance and build maps.

Finding value-propositions for clients to monetize doing this is out job.

The 3 cameras that are leading the pack are the Theta V, Insta360 Pro and the NCTech iStar Pulsar.

Both the Insta360 Pro and iStar Pulsar are excellent -- the latter is more ruggedized and I would be much more comfortable having it on top of my car than an Insta360 Pro.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks for the advice and comments. I need to do some more research with other realtors to get their thoughts on whether they think this would help close sales. It looks like the investment will be $3-4K which isn't too bad, I just want to make sure my objectives can be helped by doing this.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101641 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?