Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingMuseumsScanning

30,000 Sq Ft Library scanned in 2 1/2 hours7197

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I was hired to scan all of the municipal services in my local community for a marketing project I'm creating for them. The community library is a little over 30,000 Sq ft and I was given 3 1/2 hours to complete it if I wanted to do it in one day. I finished in 2 1/2 hours.

The project also includes an aerial drone video of each municipal service that they want to be part of the 3D Tour walk through...

Post 1 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
That’s a really nice job Ross. Well done!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Bernardhhi private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome! How many scans in this tour?
Post 3 IP   flag post
RedRock3D private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman Nice. Curious, Would you share the angle or approach you took to get this gig? What were their needs you fulfilled or problem your service solved for the community?
Post 4 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Great project! I can see that there are some "holes" in the dollhouse and I think this is because of the time constraint and the number of scans you decided to take.

It is clear how you saved time during the scanning process and I must say that you solved the challenge very well.

There is always a tension between the number of scans (time) and the detail of the final result. Anyway I believe that in this particular case the model fulfills the needs of the client, and this is what our job is all about.

Did you use a PRO2 for this project?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Thanks @jfantin I did use the Pro2 and yes certain areas were not scanned like up and down each row of books and staff offices. The size of the building is actually 37.000 sq ft so by not scanning the staff offices we estimated the scanned sq footage to be around 30,000. I kept it to just under 200 scans.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@RedRock3D This was an idea I came up with to market the village business community, which I am a part of. It started with with a panoramic tour of the village center I made on threesixty.tours. I scanned a couple of the downtown businesses and linked their 3D tours to the panorama. I approached the village manager and the chamber of commerce with the idea and they loved the idea and went all in. They want all the public services locations scanned and an aerial drone video created for each like the library, and also aerial footage of all the events going on during the summer like the Memorial day parade, beer fest, farmers market etc. Most village locations have been completed and now the want to start adding as many business as possible to the interactive panorama. It's going to be a summer long project.
Post 7 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman Are you sq ft pricing this?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@tocha No, I have flat rates I'm giving the village for their properties.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Have you got a link to the 360 Tour you’ve done? Would love to see it...sounds like a really good local campaign.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
I’m looking for a drone at the moment. Can you recommend one. I’ve got some similar projects in the pipeline for commercial property.
Post 11 IP   flag post
RedRock3D private msg quote post Address this user
Thats just awesome. Great ROI (return on initiative).
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@angusnorriss I am creating a website for the village for this project but it's not been fully approved yet and the client doesn't want it shared until it is...hopefully in the next day or 2. I'll post it when I can. For a drone, we use the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Post 13 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Thanks Ross. Good luck with it all.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice work. I look forward to seeing the 360 Tours pano with links when you have approval to post it. Congratulations.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101641 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?