WGAN-TV: Matterport Demos Augmented Reality Meets Matterport at the AWE Conference in Santa Clara, CA (29-31 May and 1 June 2018)

AWE2018: Matterport Mashes Up Augmented Reality via PTC's Wuforia and ThingWorx Studio

Matterport has partnered with PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) to create an Augmented Reality (AR) proof of concept mashing up PTC’s Vuforia engineer and Studio platform with Matterport 3D Tours, I learned Friday (1 June 2018) at AWE – the largest AR/VR conference in the United States on Friday (1 June 2018).

This AR 3rd party integration could lead to dynamic content (APIs) augmenting a static Matterport Space. I could imagine that I will learn more about this AR Proof of Concept at the SPAR3D Expo & Conference this week (5-7 June 2018) in Anaheim, CA.

Imagine a Matterport Space of a boiler room augmented with dynamic data for gauges such as water and air temperature, water pressure, etc.

PTC, a publicly traded company, market segments include:

✓ Computer-Aided Design
✓ Product Lifecycle Management
✓ Augmented Reality
✓ Internet of Things

Do you use Vuforia, Studio and Matterport and are in the AEC space? Please add your perspective on this Matterport-PTC Proof of Concept mashup?

The video on this PTC website page may be helpful for context.

Best,

Dan

About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)

PTC helps companies around the world reinvent the way they design, manufacture, operate, and service things in and for a smart, connected world. In 1986 we revolutionized digital 3D design, and in 1998 were first to market with Internet-based product lifecycle management. Today, our leading industrial innovation platform and field-proven solutions enable you to unlock value at the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. With PTC, manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the Internet of Things and augmented reality technology today and drive the future of innovation.

Source: PTC