Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
effortless 3DScanning

Just received this email: "We're now accepting pre-orders!"7178

Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if any of you received this email or not but I thought I would share. I'm not making the switch at the moment but if anyone has any feedback I'd love to hear it. See attached picture for email details.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
FYI The link is the button "Find out more".
Post 2 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting... the point cloud data is actually pretty good. Unfortunately they don't really have a "virtual tour" type experience for end users. (The dollhouse is more or less just a visualization of the point cloud.) If they come up with a way to integrate the 360° captures the way Matterport does, and maintain the local file processing and ownership structure, it could be an interesting competitor, even at twice the buy-in of Matterport.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Walkabout private msg quote post Address this user
am I reading that right a 3 minute scan time?
Post 4 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@Walkabout Yes, I noticed the 3 minute scan too, but I also read that it has a 20 meters range (60 ft approximately) so apparently you wouldn´t need to scan every 10 feet to get a full model?

If that is the case, then the total scan time for a property would be less than with Matterport. Am I right ir am I missing something here?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DavidHothersall
Effortless3D is a new UK based entrant to the Laser 3D scanner market.
Taking pre-orders on their website now.

Sample 'point cloud' datasets on their website to download now with meshed models and tours in the style of Matterport coming Q1 2019

One off processing fee, no subscription and downloading of all data for use in project or self-hosting

Check it out here Pre-Order
(I'm not affliated just impressed by an in person demo and what I've seen so far)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@fantin Not if you like to complete the 'dollhouse' and offer several viewing angles.

This is a neat piece of hardware, but unfortunately, their platform seems incomplete. It generates a 3D colorized point cloud ---- and it generates panos (that are a bit rough) with hotspot links between tours in a non-3D environment.

One would think that the developers would probably want to have this generate a Matterport-like end product... not two simple ones.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Walkabout private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 agree and also with a 20 ft distance is only good for outside or large areas as you'd be zooming around a house but not actually walking through defeats the object really
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?