Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceProblemsWP3D Models

Help please! Client having trouble6961

Joelbcollins private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

My client's client is having trouble loading my tour:
http://3dtours.99hills.com/3d-model/41-lady-bug-lane/skinned/

He's running:
Mac os 10x and Firefox browser

His problem:
I have tried link twice. Both times during download process my computer locks up requiring a hard reboot to restore (as in turn it off then on physically).

Any ideas????
Please advise And Thanks!
Joel
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
Loads on my Macbook Pro OS version 10.13.4 with Chrome & Safari. Not with Firefox & Opera
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Loads fine on my computer... Chrome Browser on PC, running Windows 10 Home Edition.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
Loads fine on my mac Safari but is doesn't load on Chrome because I have WebGL Disable, that could be the problem with your client.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Joelbcollins - Sorry to hear that you're having trouble here.

I tried loading your link on all of my various browsers/devices/etc. and each one pulled it up as expected.

Maybe try loading the direct (Matterport) link to see if that helps to narrow down the issue:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=nFpsrMxRPiv&play=1
Post 5 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Works fine on iPhone 7 Plus chrome and safari.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Joelbcollins

Works fine fort me with Chrom on an iMac.

It's such a great, big house. Why not use the window trim tool to make the Matterport Space sparkle? Tip: You can use the window trim tool on the outside, covered patio too (even though there are no windows there).

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
How old is their Mac? One of my older MacBooks freezes up constantly with bigger models.
Post 8 IP   flag post
RedRock3D private msg quote post Address this user
Throwing my vote to processor speed. My MacBook sounds like it’s going to explode in workshop and will occasionally hang loading models.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Those that have commented - pls see below for another problem

Thanks for testing the link @leonvanzweel @Queen_City_3D @tresdepro @rpetersn @angusnorriss @DanSmigrod @Helen @RedRock3D !

@tresdepro I'll ask about his WebGL - good idea! Thx!

@DanSmigrod Yeah, I will go back to clean that up some more. Am I correct to not use the window trim on the indoor walls adjacent to the terraces/porches? I think I remember if you put a window marking, then you can't go on the other side of that wall, is this correct?

@Helen I'm not sure - but, it is a $6.9mil listing, and it doesn't appear that they skimp much anywhere...I'd be shocked if it were over 3 years old. lol

ALSO - I'm having trouble with a doorway - not letting me pass from inside to outside. I can go from outside to inside though...It's the doorway from the dining room to the outdoor terrace. I have tried the trim tool stacked against themselves. And it hasn't worked. Here's a pic:

Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelbcollins
@DanSmigrod Yeah, I will go back to clean that up some more. Am I correct to not use the window trim on the indoor walls adjacent to the terraces/porches? I think I remember if you put a window marking, then you can't go on the other side of that wall, is this correct?

I recommend window trimming for all windows
I recommend window trimming for covered patios

As in real life, you can not walk through a window, same with the window trim tool.

Scanning outdoors can be problematic because the dollhouse view - viewed from outside, looks a mess. You might consider duplicating the model and deleting outdoor scans (except covered patios.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod I hear ya! haha

I think what I was trying to ask was this: If I window trim in a room adjacent to a patio, can I still navigate to the other side of that wall through a doorway and explore the outdoor area?
I thought I read somewhere that if you mark a window, you cannot go on the other side of that wall (using a door). Like, a window marking indicates a limit of the model. Is this incorrect? I'd just try it out and see what happens, but this model is taking 6+ hrs to process each time I've run it.

Re: deleting the outdoor scans, I may do that, but the client/owners understandably are keen on including it as much as possible as they're a key aspect of the property.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Joelbcollins

Trim windows on both sides. As long as you can walk through a door, you are good.

Outdoor scans are subjective. There is a trade off.

I would use 360 Views instead of scans out doors to avoid the Dollhouse view from outside and still be able to show the outdoors.

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks @DanSmigrod !

I have got some work to do then haha!
Have a great day!
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Joelbcollins

It’ll be a great portfolio piece.

Worth the effort.

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Joelbcollins

By the way, we deliver our models via WP3D MODELS so we can deliver the model fast to the client and still substitute a better version without the URL changing for the client ...

As a WGAN Standard Member, you get the free use of WP3D MODELS ...

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Yes, That's what I've done for this one. It's a great benefit of membership - thanks for offering it for us!

Hey, since your still here...do you have any ideas for the doorway issue I mentioned above? I just separated the trims a touch more and just sent off to processing again (after trimming up all the windows like you suggested).
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Joelbcollins

Did you scan with the door closed and then opened it? Can you duplicate and delete the scan with the door closed?

Does this help? Looks like you might have tried this? Perhaps greater distance to remove the closed door?

Have you tried a Matterport"trim sandwich"?

Best,

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod The doorway was closed while scanning on the other side of the room. I opened it as I got closer starting with 3-4 scans away I think.

I have the trim sandwich in there now and it's not working as intended.

If this upload doesn't work I'll try again with deleting a scan with the door closed...

Thanks!
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Joelbcollins

Duplicate the model - to save the master just in case - and delete the scan with the door closed. Best practice: stage the space with the doors open so that you do not run into this challenge.

Looking at the model again, seems like you could eliminate the outside the house scans (except for closed patios). This way, the dollhouse will look nice. I don't need to walk down the outside stairs to see the amazing view. When I fly into the doll house or walk the house or via floor plan view, I will see the view from the house. Again, this is subjective between you and your client.

Best,

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
You need to point the trim towards each other to remove the mesh that is blocking you from crossing the threshold. Make a complete box if you can.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@3SixtyNow It actually is pointed that way in the picture, it just looks like they're not because of the spacing between the trim line and text.
I may have to try out the box method you speak of though. Thanks!
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@Joelbcollins Did you get the trim to work. I had a model last week where I could go into a room but couldn't get back out because we moved the room for access to a bathroom. I tried a trim sandwich which didn't work. When I did a trim box it worked.
Post 23 IP   flag post
101438 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?