Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Strictly 360º Photo Matterport Tours6943

Networker private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,

Just one more quick question. Can we create a Matterport tour with just 360º photos? Or, must we have some 3D walkthrough to add the 360º on the highlight reel? Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
you could save all the 360s and use an inferior platform to create a "tour" but I think you must have a couple of 3D scans to make the model legit. You'd be better off with a Ricoh or something. Someone help me out here.
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Now that I think about it, you could do a 360s only in a highlite reel, but the navigation would be linear.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Networker private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright Hi Harlan, thanks again for the advice. The client just wants the 360s in a tour. Your suggestion about importing them into another platform where they could be connected was something I hadn't thought about. For this project, I think I may just put them all in a Highlight Reel. I just wasn't sure if I "needed" 3D content or not. Thanks for the answer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@Networker I believe you have to have one 3D scan to process the job.
Post 5 IP   flag post
c2astudio private msg quote post Address this user
I find MP's 360s to be inferior in quality, unreliable stitching and the result would be much better with just about any other camera (DSLR especially).
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all...

Chiming in here to note that this particular need can be solved with ThreeSixty Tours (TST). In fact, it is largely this scenario that prompted us to build out this tool in the first place.

You can export 360's from Matterport, or shoot your own with a DSLR, 360-camera, or drone. Images are then uploaded to TST where they can be connected together into a "tour" or promoted individually. You can also supplement with 2D images that can be used as part of your tour, or set to be a "tour map". In addition, you can add media "Markers" to all of the above, even using your own custom icons. These tours, panoramas, & 2D images can be individually branded (your logo or your customers) and can even be completely white-labeled with your own custom domain.

There is a lot more information on ThreeSixty Tours found in this thread:

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/5591/page/1/new-threesixty-tours-360-hosting-platform/

If anyone has specific questions, please ask away here!
Post 7 IP   flag post
MarcelloM private msg quote post Address this user
You can also dowload all the 360 individual pano, edit them as you want/need and use a program like Panotour Pro: you can build the most complete interactive navigable virtual tour if you do not need the 3D doll house.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101421 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?