Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603D ShowcaseRicoh Theta Stand TM1RICOH360 Tours

Breaking News - Ricoh and Virtual Tours6913

Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
This may be the first Nail in the coffin of Matterport for Real Estate - but I hope it won't be!

Breaking News Ricoh and Virtual Tours

For $415!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Liam_Tayler

Thank you for posting ...

Dan

——-Press Release—————

Ricoh puts 360° virtual tour services in the hands of every realtor

New virtual reality service from the leader in easy-to-use 360 cameras empowers real estate agents to attract new sellers and engage buyers more effortlessly than ever before

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Ricoh Innovations Corporation
09:30 ET

CUPERTINO, Calif., May 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- With more than two million licensed real estate agents in the United States, realtors are constantly seeking captivating ways to acquire new clients – from new sellers to interested buyers. Today, virtual tour services often come with a hefty price tag, require professional photographers, and demand hours or even days to see a finished product. Those days are now over: Ricoh Innovations Corporation (RIC), a subsidiary of Ricoh Company Ltd., today announced RICOH Tours, the industry's only complete and affordable 360° virtual real estate tour service. For the flat rate of $45 per month, subscribers will benefit from unlimited active immersive tours, a tour creation app, shareable links and visitor analytics.

RICOH Tours requires no professional technical or photography experience or expensive tools – the process is all done via an easy-to-use mobile agent app on an iOS or Android devices and a 360° camera for high quality images. All that is needed to get started is a subscription to RICOH Tours and the RICOH THETA 360° camera. Agents can connect to the RICOH Tours app via a Wi-Fi connection, instantly capture with one-click high-quality 360° images with high dynamic range (HDR) and create complete tours on the go. For added convenience, Ricoh is also announcing the Realtor Kit, available for agents as an option to their subscription. The Kit includes the RICOH THETA V camera and TM-1 camera stand for a special launch price of just $419.

Unlike other offerings, this service empowers realtors with rich analytics that allow them to learn more about their customers, including how many people view a listing and from where. This easy-to-use bird's eye view into a visitor's journey can ultimately help agents win new business and close more deals.

Feedback from users include:

"At the EZ Referral Network/ EZ Sales Team we are always looking for the newest technology to make our listings stand out and to equip our agents to be successful," said Adam Williams, Marketing Director of the EZ Referral Network/EZ Sales Team, the #1 real estate team in Ohio, and #4 team in all of Keller Williams. "We were very pleased with the intuitiveness of RICOH Tours agent app and the quality of the finished virtual tour that was produced. This will be a great tool for any agent to use in their listing to enhance the buyers' experiences while shopping for a home!"
"RICOH Tours is super easy to use and helps our agents accomplish more for buyers and sellers," said Bret Shugrue, marketing director of Bogar Pilkington Group, the #1 real estate team in Colorado, and a realtor with Keller Williams. "Our clients expect results, and this service helps our team to deliver quickly and easily – with no outside assistance or technology experience required. Our agents are truly impressed with its simplicity, and its affordability."
RICOH Tours addresses challenges for realtors by adding simplicity to their jobs and affordable professionalism to their virtual tours. Time is tight, especially for agents looking to grow their portfolio. RICOH Tours offers the assurance and confidence that they can get it done, get it done right and right now.

RICOH Tours can help give agents a marketing edge, by allowing them to leverage the power of Ricoh's award-winning 360° cameras, now complemented by the intuitive RICOH Tours software and service. This means that the camera, mobile app and web app are all developed and supported by Ricoh. If any questions arise, there's only one place an agent has to go for feature requests and support – further simplifying their experience.

RICOH Tours will be on display and available for purchase at booth #1730 at the 2018 REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Show, May 16-17, in Washington D.C. Attendees are invited to email RicohTours@breakawaycom.com to schedule meetings with Ricoh at the event.

For more information on RICOH Tours, please visit: www.ricohtours.com.

| About Ricoh Innovations Corporation |

Headquartered in California's Silicon Valley, Ricoh Innovations Corporation, a subsidiary of Ricoh Company, Ltd, brings together world-class user experience, technology and business professionals to deliver easy-to-use, technology-differentiated Smart Vision solutions to the market. Smart Vision targets the application of computer vision, image analytics and machine learning to solve social, enterprise and environmental problems. Internal innovation is complemented by Open Innovation projects with a broad range of leading universities and forward-thinking companies around the world.

In the financial year ended March 2017, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of approx. 18.2 billion USD.

To learn more about Ricoh Innovations Corporation, visit ric.ricoh.com

——-
Source: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ricoh-puts-360-virtual-tour-services-in-the-hands-of-every-realtor-300641102.html
Post 2 IP   flag post
markdon private msg quote post Address this user
well that put my plans to buy a matterport on hold
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
The press release does not discuss the ability to have a 'walkthrough' tour. It uses words such as 'immersive' and 'virtual tour'.

In addition, where are the examples?

Remember guys, we've had tour platforms built on the Ricoh Theta for quite a while. If anything, this is a negative thing for Immoviewer, not necessarily Matterport.

If you are familiar with the quality of tours on the Immoviewer platform, it might make you less than excited about Ricoh's forthcoming platform.

https://help.ricohtours.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000985073-RICOH-Tours-features

What is a tour?
A tour is a series of images that you take using your THETA 360 camera, your mobile device camera, or images you upload from your camera roll/gallery.

A tour has the following components:

- Tour description including location of your property for sale
- A series of images you either take with your camera or upload from your device including:
- - 360 images
- - Flat images
- - Videos
- Floor plan image maps
- Electronic business card

Applications
The RICOH Tours solution provides you with applications to quickly create a series of images that are bundled into a tour of the property you have for sale.

Mobile application

The RICOH Tours mobile application will provide you with the tools necessary to capture and quickly setup a tour of your listing property.

Key features include:

- The ability to connect directly with the THETA camera using the RICOH Tours application
- Remote capability to trigger the THETA camera while in a different location which allows you to capture a clean 360 image of each room for your listing
- The ability to load photos and videos from your mobile device's camera roll or capture them with your mobile device's camera
- A feature to create floor plans of your property
- A visual business card making it easy for your clients to find you
- Metrics to view the success of your tours
- The ability to share a link to your tour on any website or listing service you choose

Web application

The RICOH Tours web application provides you with the ability to manage tours you have previously created. The features include:

- A listing of all the tours in your account
- The ability to manage the tours in your account (deactivate, delete, etc.)
- Editing capability of your business listing
- Analytics on the effectiveness of your tour
- Ability to manage your account profile and subscription information
- Ability to share tours you have previously created

Creating a tour on iPhone/iPad using a THETA

Incomplete information.

https://help.ricohtours.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000985633-Creating-a-tour-on-iPhone-iPad-using-a-THETA
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I asked someone in the industry (who will remain nameless) what they thought of this announcement and their response was "Sucks to be immoviewer".

So ... I think that we might want to pow-wow a little bit as we have some folks here who use Immoviewer. As with any new platform that offers a competitive product, we look for pros/cons and if we like a product enough, we like to share how we imagine keeping that product having an edge.

I don't have a dog in this one as Immoviewer is not a platform that I use -- however -- I respect when someone is first to market and invests a significant amount of time and resources in developing that market. When the manufacturer steps in, it can be a tricky thing to navigate.

I can only say that if I were Ricoh, as a goodwill gesture, I would approach Immoviewer and offer a buy out and a conversion of all of their clients to not only immediately have customers -- but to hit the ground running with a large database of spaces.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

I am super-surprised to see Ricoh compete directly with immoviewer rather than adding marketing dollars to help immoviewer succeed faster.

As a result of this Ricoh announcement, I could imagine immoviewer will move away from promoting immoviewer + Ricoh. And, while immoviewer will (likely) continue to support clients that use immoviewer, I could image that they will want to work with a manufacturer that does not compete with them.

I could have imagined Ricoh adding marketing dollars to help immoviewer, but other platforms that made a commitment to Ricoh Cameras.

CUPIX would have been a great candidate. With this Ricoh announcement, I could imagine that CUPIX will no longer reference Ricoh Theta S in marketing their service.

I will reach out to Ricoh and immoviewer to see if they would like to be my guest on WGAN-TV to discuss this topic. Not holding my breath.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
The lack of a target for theta panos fostered a 3rd party market place ... it does make sense for Ricoh to build a platform...

I just expect to be thoroughly underwhelmed as the press release has done little to make me excited. I had the same feelings about Zillow's 3D platform... until I watched the WGAN Live at 5 ... which got my brain spinning a little bit.

Hopefully Ricoh will get on the chat with Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with Metroplex360.., If Ricoh goal is to compete in Matterports space, like Zillow 3D... its just not there..

HOWEVER.. I can see Ricoh Theta V in the hands of an agressive Realtor, walking through the house, recording the space in 4K with a guided tour.. the sure immersion and experience of the guided tour with the freedom to " look around " is powerful.

But it still does not replace Matterport.

example.

clickable text
Post 8 IP   flag post
101437 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?