Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Hosting FeesMatterport Kerfuffle

Here come the Matterport hosting fees!6824

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
It's finally happening -- Matterport is enforcing the hosting limits that they have always had clearly printed on their site, but never enforced.

At the rate of $19 for each 50 spaces that one is over, you're covered.

Pretty reasonable, I'd say. For anyone who does charge hosting, this should seem like a drop in the bucket and perhaps justify your policy.

For me, I'm considering passing on the fees to the two clients that have pushed me over I've got one client with 104 spaces and another with about 60. They could have their own accounts for $50/mo, so charging them respectively makes sense.

Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
That seems reasonable. But if I'm your 60 space client, I might think, well it's not my fault that Mr. Plex has over 300, I've only got 60. (if they're tightwads.)
I'm pushing 600, a few of which are there for archival purposes only. It p*sses me off there's not a dead storage option, especially considering that the models do not get deleted when you delete them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
It may or may not be a great option.
Say you have 400 models, that's $38 in additional fees. A $49 plan gives you 100 hosted and 3 scans. So this option has you paying $11 for 3 scans on top of the hosting only option, or $3.66 each (rather than $19 each)
Also you receive additional collaborators with an additionasl plan. So one compared against the other, not that great
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh. I’m actually really worked up about this.

I should NOT have to delete models. I paid to have them processed.

If Matterport insists on a 300 limit, a hosted model should be defined as one that has showcase sharing turned on. I feel I could live with that constraint.

Just today an agent emailed saying he had 2 listings that he had to cancel, but would likely go back on market within the next year. We deactivated the links and told him to let us know when he needed them turned back on. So now what?

The models with showcase sharing turned off are not being viewed by anyone. There’s no collaborators on the models and I’m not bored enough to review them in my spare time.

This just seems like a cash grab.

MATTERPORT... why can’t you understand that you will sell more cameras and have more models processed if you get rid of the 300 model limit?!

This is the worst business decision ever.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
As we know from the “terms of service” debacle a few weeks ago, a deleted model is clearly not deleted from Matterport’s back end, and so now that I have to go through 581 models to decide what to delete, if I make a mistake and get rid of one I need in the future, does anyone know what the process is to get Matterport to restore it?
Post 5 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Email dee
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?