Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro1Pro2Problems

Are the quality of pro1 tours getting worse?6789

JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, We have been doing Matterport scans with a pro1 camera for a couple of years. Over time, the quality seemed to be improving but over the last month or two, the windows have been drastically blown out with a blueish beem of light going to the floor and up to the ceilings. I looked at some models from last June and those ones seem to be quite better even though they very scanned on brighter days. The last few scans I have done I thought were awful! I placed an order for a pro2 but have put it on hold because I'm not sure if this is some tactic to sell the most recent model of camera and if so can I expect the same with the pro2 when the pro3 is about to be launched? Link to one I done earlier today!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree I have been looking at the quality of images coming from the pro 1 compared to what they were last year and they are terrible. To the point I have been thinking they are doing the same thing as you suggested. I think they may be doing this to push sells of the new camera. Just had the same conversation yesterday with my business partner. So disheartening!
Post 2 IP   flag post
It is disheartening, my concern is if I invest in the pro2 are the photos and tour going to be much better or the same quality of what the pro1 use to be. I was ashamed of offering the photos from the pro1 because of the lack of quality of window shots, and thought the pro2 might up my game, but now I'm second guessing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
At this point I'll not invest another dime in matterport. They are not client friendly and have a different idea of business model than what I thought they were all about when I bought the pro 1. Once a new company comes to market that competes I'll.be the first to jump ship.
Post 4 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I am quite happy with my recent output, both tour and still. (Pro 2)
Post 5 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright

Do you have a link of a recent scan I can view. Did you have a look at my link I placed. Just go into the kitchen and bathroom on the main floor and have a look at what I'm talking about. These tours use to look really sharp on a samsung phone because of a small screen but they don't even look good on there any more.
Post 6 IP   flag post
this is a link to one I done around the same time last year. Go into the kitchen and see how the light does not cascade around the window sill and cabinets like in the first one.

Post 7 IP   flag post
My intent is not to turn this thread into a conspiracy theory, I just want a few 3D providers to check my link in the first post and give me their opinion as to if this normal and If they have been having the same problem recently? Has anyone seen the lighting effect around the windows in my tour?
Post 8 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Have you checked the glass in front of the lenses? That could possibly be dirt or scum refracting the bright direct light.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I visually check for anything obvious but maybe I should give it a good cleaning!
Post 10 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
In the first example you provided, those "beams" seem to remind me of when your cell phone lens has been cleaned but there are oils still on the lens. You may need to get a qtip with and alcohol pad or lens cleaning pad and do a thorough cleaning of the protective glass in front of it.

On another note, I too have the first version and feel like the processing is getting worse for most scans that I do.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101437 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?