Where 3D Capture and Real Estate Media Pros
Learn What’s Working and Find Their Next Job
What a shoot actually costs you
Giraffe360 Gaussian Splats
Last 24 Hours: 242 Unique Visitors
9,538 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 13,563 Page Views | 9,544 Unique Visitors | 13 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ImagesPhotomergePhotoshopTipsWide Angle

Compositing for Interiors6771

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
HI all. Sometimes when extracting stills from a tour I want more vertical coverage than Workshop provides, so I thought I'd share a little trick I do with MP to avoid fetching my PC lens out of the car. I've done this a million times, so it just takes a minute. This is from a big job yesterday which took 16 hours to process. Might be cause the site was down last night?

First, capture the "normal" view. This was captures at -80 which is usually too wide, but we'll deal with that in a minute.
iew


Second. carefully rotate the viewer upward. Don't rotate horizontally if you can help it.



Third. In Photoshop, I correct the vertical perspective of the UP shot using the PTTools plugin I've been using since the early 1990s. Any true perspective correction program will do. Usually have to scale down a little to match the content of the level, base shot.



Four, crop the useless junk out and save.



Five. Merge the 2 images. I'm using Photoshop's Automate>Photomerge>Add Open Files>Auto which works about 95% of the time.



Finally crop and tweak the final image, size to taste and move on.



This is very close to what I would get with the Nikon 19mm PC lens I got last year which cost the about same as the MP camera.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder and
Advisor
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright

Sweet! it! Thanks for sharing!

Dan
Post 2 • IP   flag post
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright Nice work and thanks for not only sharing but showing us how to do it.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
108377 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?