Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Door StopsHair SalonMirrorsMuseums

This Place Gave Me NightMirrors!6736

Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
This 17,000 square foot Hair Salon and Academy just about killed me! There are mirrors Literally Everywhere!

I had to run and hide on nearly every scan and even with marking mirrors as soon as I could identify them I had 83 scans that wouldn't align.

On top of that, one of the doors closed while scanning in the door way knocking my camera flat on its back on a tile floor! I even had the doorstop gaffer taped to the floor! I guess I'll be buying one of those industrial grade doorstops Dan pimps in his equipment recommendations!

There are 325 scans included in the model and I think it came out pretty good. Let me know what you think!

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Richierichks
I guess I'll be buying one of those industrial grade doorstops Dan pimps in his equipment recommendations!

Atlanta Matterport Photographer Excited About a Door Stop

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
RedRock3D private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! Maybe cloaking technology will advance to the point we won’t be running and diving under tables, chairs or counters to avoid mirrors. Hat tip to your fine work.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Very exciting to see your amazing Model.

Are you in any of the mirrors?

Did you scan 10 pm to 8 am over two or three days?

Congrats,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
Very, impressed! What a challenge!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@RedRock3D Great job. I always like seeing projects like this. It makes me think of all that is possible with a Matterport camera. I haven't been doing this long and I'm getting better at avoiding seeing the camera in mirrors. I have to hand it to you...I looked closely and couldn't find a single instance where the camera could be seen in a mirror. Not sure how you accomplished that but congratulations on a job well done. I hope you got paid well.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks That is an amazing scan! Great Job! Hope the camera didn't get damaged.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Thanks @RedRock3D

Let's hope! It made the shoot much more time consuming.

@DanSmigrod Thanks!

I shot the administrative offices on Saturday in about 3.5 hours and the rest of the space Sunday in about 8.5 hours while they were closed. Over 300 scans yesterday(including the ones that didn't align!) This shoot was in a city about 3 hours from KC so I had to get it done in two days. In another note, I was awoke in my hotel room at 5:22 this morning by an earthquake! That doesn't happen much here in the Midwest!

I'm not in any of the mirrors that I was worried about. Three of the classrooms were only scanned for the Dollhouse/Floor Plan view so I didn't care there.

But, there is this.......

Damned door caught me!

@BrokerBruce Thank you!

@rzphotoman Thank you!

Unfortunately there are definitely instances of the camera caught in the mirrors in the classrooms that have entire walls of mirrors. I tried to minimize with placement, but they are definitely there. You can see it in the large mirror in the makeup bar on the center scan. I was going to hide it, but with all the stuff on the bar I don't find it that offensive.

@frstbubble Thank you!

Scared the hell out of me. Was early on Saturday and I just knew it was going to ruin my weekend! Doesn't even have a mark on it. Fortunately it fell perfectly flat on the back side of it which I think is what saved it.

The Photo studio is pretty sweet and they had some awesome gear!

If you run into anything I need to fix please let me know!
Post 8 IP   flag post
MarkCantu private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great! I bought a new Theta V, and I am learning how to get out of the pictures. It is more of a challenge than one might think, especially in urban areas where people are walking all over the place. I have been working with Panoskin, and this week ThreeSixty.Tours. It's been said, but jobs like this one, inspire me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@MarkCantu

Thanks! Good luck with the Theta! It’s so much fun when you get to do something cool and the challenge of learning how to push the limits of the technology keeps it interesting!
Post 10 IP   flag post
101421 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?