Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MuseumsVideoVimeoYouTube

Best Video Solution for MatterTags - Hosting6729

advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
What is the best solution on MatterTag videos?

For example, I am uploading very short videos to Youtube.. to imbed inside the tours.

However, when click on the MatterTag, it opens the ugly red youtube movie frame, then you have to click again.. to play.. and worst.. at the end of the 10 second clip, you then have ugly ads or even a monatization ad.. And Vimeo is not all that great either..

Any suggestions? What are our options?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Youtube....go to embed then edit how it embeds...you can tailor it to your liking

Here is example

https://glenntremain.com/glenn-tremain-2/youtube-embed-options-get-embedding/

No title, no buttons and no showing other people's videos at the end
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I learned something new today! Thanks @GlennTremain
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Glenn, what if you use vimeo to host your videos?
Post 4 IP   flag post
jfrankcole private msg quote post Address this user
It wouldn't recognize the url when I tried it. Am I doing something wrong?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
. I’m away from computer but will check Vimeo tomorrow if no one answers by then
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrankcole
It wouldn't recognize the url when I tried it. Am I doing something wrong?
you need to be more specific. If you follow the directions in the video I sent it will work. Go to video and click play. Then below click embed button then follow directions on video I made then copy code and paste in website (must use “text” or “html” tab)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Glenn,

Thank you for this..
Post 8 IP   flag post
jfrankcole private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

you need to be more specific. If you follow the directions in the video I sent it will work. Go to video and click play. Then below click embed button then follow directions on video I made then copy code and paste in website (must use “text” or “html” tab)

When I check the boxes like you said in the video and then copy and paste the link in the url box on the matterport workshop page, it tells me this: "We aren't able to find the media. Please make sure the url is correct."
Post 9 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
here is a quick look when I log in to my vimeo. I am out till tomorrow night but will see if I can make a better video after I play around with the settings on a video I have there

@DanSmigrod is the vimeo master so maybe he can advise. If not I will try to get something to you by tomorrow night.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrankcole
Quote:

When I check the boxes like you said in the video and then copy and paste the link in the url box on the matterport workshop page, it tells me this: "We aren't able to find the media. Please make sure the url is correct."

Sorry for my late reply. Wasn't by computer all day. I will have to play with this. @Metroplex360 might be able to answer this better but if he doesn't I will try to have an answer late monday night. I have a personal matter that is taking me away from being around like I normally am.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@advancedhdr

We Get Around Network uses both YouTube (our channel) and Vimeo (our channel).

WGAN uses YouTube because it is the second most used search engine. So, we want our videos - WGAN-TV - to be discovered in YouTube search. We also use YouTube for live streaming WGAN-TV (and embed the player in the WGAN Forum).

WGAN uses Vimeo (paid account) because we have a ton of control over nearly 1,000 of our videos are displayed and used. All WGAN-TV Live at 5 shows are saved in the WGAN Training Academy Library (using Vimeo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by @advancedhdr
However, when click on the MatterTag, it opens the ugly red youtube movie frame, then you have to click again.. to play.. and worst.. at the end of the 10 second clip, you then have ugly ads or even a monatization ad.. And Vimeo is not all that great either..

With Vimeo, we loop the video (no ugly ads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
I learned something new today! Thanks @GlennTremain

@GlennTremain like @Queen_City_3D says. Learned a lot from your videos! Much thanks for doing these mini-tutorials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GlennTremain
@DanSmigrod is the vimeo master so maybe he can advise. If not I will try to get something to you by tomorrow night.

We Vimeo because of all the ways that we can control how our videos are displayed and used. That said, I probably barely take advantage of all the possibilities with Vimeo.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Want to know when WGAN-TV goes live? Subscribe to the WGAN-TV (Dan Smigrod) YouTube Channel and select the "bell" to alert.
Post 12 IP   flag post
THANKS DAN!
Post 13 IP   flag post
101436 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?