Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNewbiesStrategy

Anxiety over MP model risks670

cdpmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone, I am new.
I have read, consumed, studied all I can find and reached out directly to Dan and 1 or two forum members as I evaluate just how I am going to jump into the fray here. And I am coming in.
So Hello.
I come from the international content distribution (rights) business and know more than I want to about TV production and IP law. Wife is a realtor looking for an edge. Here we are.
Like many here I am concerned about 3 key points
1) MP's proprietary control over the asset (files)
2) All sinking together, with no life raft, if MP hits an iceberg
3) MP's being able to go and 'take' my customers away once I market and onboard them
4) MP's ability to raise hosting costs at will

right now I see many untapped / unmentioned verticals and I find the pricing model reasonable. But if any of you can relieve my anxiety over #1-#4 above your insights are helpful. I am not so worried about risk capital on a few cameras, its building up a business and having the rug pulled out thats scary.
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I bought the camera last November and have made my money back four times over. I'm not worried in the least about 1, 2, 3 or 4.
Post 2 IP   flag post
RealEstateReadines private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with John Becker. I am a Realtor myself and just doing a handful of scans for other agents in my office has paid for the camera in a few short months. The risk is there for all of us that it will become an expensive paper weight, but that is true with any piece of technology today.
Post 3 IP   flag post
strudel67 private msg quote post Address this user
You are screwed. It's all over. The Chinese are in the process of stealing and replicating the technology and the Russians already have. Just having some fun. All kidding aside your points are all valid. I used to be an ipix vendor back in the day (look it up if you don't know what it is) and there are always risks. Having been in real estate marketing for the last 15 years I have little doubt that this (meaning the underlying technology not necessarily MP) shit is here to stay - and improve. It's not even a question for me. So it's either sit back and wait until it "settles" down or ride the crest of the wave and take the inherent risks that come along with it. Real estate marketing is a relationship oriented business as well. You do good work, stay ahead of the curve on the latest trends and you will be fine - more than fine. Good luck.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JamieSher private msg quote post Address this user
I heard MP received a little $30m investment recently...?!
Post 5 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
If your going to pay the money and buy this machine, your job is to make back your investment as soon as you can and then make as much after that, until the ride is over. Technology only lasts until something perceived as better comes out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?