Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceDroneSatellite Panoramas

Satellite Panoramas6650

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone used Satellite Panoramas services? I checked out their website because I needed an overhead 360 panorama for a project I'm working on but was concerned that if what I ordered wasn't from the right angle or height I would be stuck with it. They have a no refund policy but don't offer any kind of preview before you commit to buy. I've emailed them about that but never got a response.

Just wondering what kind of luck any one else may have had using them or even communicating with them.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

I have used SatellitePanoramas.com (and since you are a WGAN Standard Member, you get Satellite Panoramas for $75 instead of $149 - Please see Welcome Onboard Letter).

Yes. You need to get the right angle and height. There is no option for a no charge do-over.

Since this service uses Google Earth imagery to create the 360ºs, check Google Earth first to see if the imagery is current.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I have ordered three times. Twice from 300 ft and once from 400 ft. The customers were very happy with the results.

I can share one image (the others are bigger than 5 MB) This is from 400 ft

Level of detail is not so great due to google earth imagery, this is from the City of Berlin.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SpaceView360 private msg quote post Address this user
How do I view this as a 360 image?
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@SpaceView360 this app should work (android)

VR Media Player - 360° Viewer clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@DanSmigrod thanks Dan, but looking at Google earth doesn’t really give you a good idea on how the image you purchase will look like. It just seems to me that with a no refund or re-do policy there should be at least 1 preview to see before you commit $100 or $50. I guess I just don’t care for that kind of policy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

Blame me: not SatellitePanoramas.

When ThreeSixty.Tours launched, it required a 360º (no longer the case).

So, I went in search of a solution that could fill this gap for non-aerial photographers.

I recall that the original pricing for SatellitePanoramas was $249 and likely would have allowed for a re-do. I felt to offer this solution to WGAN Forum Members we needed the price to be $149 and for WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members, we needed the price to be $75.

SatellitePanoramas.com agreed. But, it looks like that created unintended consequences. I thought I was doing a good thing by getting the price at $49 for you and other Standard Members (with no re-do).

I could imagine, for non-aerial photographers, this is amazing. I could also imagine it's a great solution in no-fly zones.

Anyway, that's the backstory.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@DanSmigrod I'm not really blaming anybody and after thinking about it a little more, even if the first one you buy isn't exactly what you need, more than likely you could use it and probably not a bad idea to have a second and maybe even a third angle, especially for projects that aren't single family residences. If that's the case it's still less expensive than to hire a drone photographer.

I still think a preview would be a good idea. And thanks for negotiating a good price for us.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101641 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?