Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Bad ScanProblemsScanningStrange Lines

Bad reflection strange lines6596

4dlegacyvision private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a way to fix this
Post 1 IP   flag post
[matterport]http://https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=SWtjPiwTQd6[/matterport]
Post 2 IP   flag post
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=SWtjPiwTQd6
Post 3 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
It's caused by the reflective floors. The laser is projecting past the reflective surface. You can try dimming the interior lights a little. That should at least reduce the refraction but probably won't eliminate it entirely. I had a similar thing happen with a house that had polished white solid surface floors. I turned off all the overhead lights and just used the ambient light in the room and that reduced the effect quite a bit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I canton rescan as the client has left the motorshow
Post 5 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to fix it after the fact.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Even so during a international show there ils no way to turn off those lights. Hope i dont lose the client over this issue
Post 7 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@4dlegacyvision ...Future reference: Take an extra scan or two a foot apart from a scan you think might have reflective problem like this. Sometimes, the second scan at just a foot away can render a better image which you can use and Hide the problematic one.
Post 8 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
I know it's easy for me to say, but I wouldn't worry about the floor. I looked at the whole tour and didn't find the reflective floors distracting at all. I was focusing on the amazing vehicles on display. Nice touch that you were able to do a scan inside. Overall, if I were the client, I'd be very satisfied. Nice work!

As for Shakoure's suggestion of extra scans for potentially reflective areas, it's a great idea, but you may not realize the problem until after the space has been rendered, at that point it may be too late to add scans. I know you can preview a scan in low-res mode, but that takes time which is usually used for trimming and adding windows and mirrors. It would be great if there was a low-res version of the tour you could view before uploading for a final rendering.

Scott
Post 9 IP   flag post
101602 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?