Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Live ModelPeople

Using Live Models - Example6508

LMTLESS private msg quote post Address this user
I was asked if a new client can send a 'live model' to the scan so that she can be in the virtual tour. He wanted to know what that looked like. I know I have seem examples before, but does someone have one they can share with me (I did search), but reaching out to the community for some samples I could share. Thank you
Post 1 IP   flag post
Biggles private msg quote post Address this user
I did this for a demonstration at my camera club - https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=QnmNjLwD5hu
It's a bit rough, I only took just a few scans.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one we helped create a while back:

Post 3 IP   flag post
Biggles private msg quote post Address this user
I gather the models stood still for a while, great scans
Post 4 IP   flag post
RedRock3D private msg quote post Address this user
A pub or restaurant owner (likely) wants to present their establishment as the “place to be” - young, hip, vibrant clientele... Then we shoot the space before/after hours with not a soul around. Yes, there’s the 360 option but then we lose the ability to immersively explore.

The examples shared here have me thinking of ways to incorporate live model in the staging.
Post 5 IP   flag post
LeventeSolczi private msg quote post Address this user
This is a hair salon, with all the team
I made it few months ago.

clickable text
Post 6 IP   flag post
LilyCollins private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder how popular is the availability of live models in a virtual tour among clients. Should I offer this option to the client?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@LeventeSolczi Great job on the salon! Looks like they stayed very still while you were scanning!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

ARTlanta Tech Village is an art meets tech project conceived, captured and created by We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod. The three-dimensional Matterport 3D viewing experience features Atlanta Model-Actress Trini Quinn taking the viewer in a surprising and delighting tour of Atlanta Tech Village. Special thanks to: Atlanta Tech Village; Make-Up Artist and Hair Designer Kaitlin Pruette; Stylist Beth Drury; and Set Assistant Kate Biddle.

ARTlanta Tech Village | [Backstory
Post 9 IP   flag post
RedRock3D private msg quote post Address this user
A ghost! I think in the right context, model(s) could really add to the character of the space. It reminds me of opening/closing solid doors to enter pantry/storage areas.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Here's an odd one I did.

Post 11 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Richier, THAT IS SO COOL.
Even walked into the bathroom!
Questions:
1. how long did that scan take?
2. what time of day did you shoot? Were you concerned shooting outside?
3. was cleanup in Matterport cloud standard? You have one of the cleanest doll houses outside I have see so far.
thanks Matt
Post 12 IP   flag post
Queen,
Spectacular!
How long did the employees stand?
Did you just eye the scene during every rotation? Its impossible really to proof on iPad for continuity.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Dan,
Did you model have a kink in her neck standing contorted like that for so long. lol!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@advancedhdr

It took about an hour and a half.

I started at about 4pm - I was concerned about shooting outside originally but it was overcast so it worked out well.

As for cleanup, I just did the normal stuff and used the remove marker where I wanted it to end.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D
Love the tour! Great ideas! Love how you used the mattertags
Post 16 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Matt19 Thanks. The mattertags were actually put in by a collaborator we worked with. I think that was before the rich media tags were available and so there's likely even more creative uses for mattertags now!
Post 17 IP   flag post
LMTLESS private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all- this was very helpful and what makes this community so great!!! I have a very large project this weekend with a 'live professional model', 4 virtual models and a handful of 360° photos.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Model-Artist-Spokesmodel Trini Quinn gives shout-outs to the creative team for ARTlanta Tech Village: a project conceived, captured and created by We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod using Matterport 3D Showcase technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @advancedhdr
Dan,
Did you model have a kink in her neck standing contorted like that for so long. lol!

Trini is a professional model. She is a Pro. As she said in this video (above), while it was a fun project, it was tedious for having her hold the pose for the rotation of the camera (while it could see her). I recall that Trini shows up in nearly 100 different places/poses.

Today, you have the benefit of post-viewing the scan after you shoot it. When I shot this labor-of-love art project in August 2014, I got one shot at "seeing" what I wanted when I did the scan. Plus, back then, when Trini was having her hair, make-up and outfit change, I could not scan (a limitation of the tech in the early days). I recall it was an 18-hour project.

Everyone was a trooper to hang in there for such a long day.

This one of my most fun shoots. It mashed up my passion for 3D scanning and my hobby of fashion and glamour photography.

Best,

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan for so much knowledge, and a powerful forum.

Thanks for sharing circ 2014..
I agree.. she said, " she was able to be a fabulous diva".. I would add a Fabulous sexy diva!

And thats what the art of photography is really about.. making a house look attractive, business or model..
Post 20 IP   flag post
What is Crazy Cool on Dans scan, if you notice going around the hall, the lady appears here are there..
She is laying on the steps, in the offices, however if you notice, there is some graffiti that appears and then magically disappears on the white board.. its a cartoon rendition of this model!
Really creative!

Thanks for sharing, you are an influence.
Post 21 IP   flag post
101428 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?