Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CurateFAQ

Why and How I Curate the WGAN Forum6484

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

To help improve the We Get Around Network Forum experience - giving and getting help among the Community of 10,000+ Matterport/Google Street View Pros (and related cameras and platforms), I (lightly) curate posts and discussions.

Examples Include

1. Changing subject lives to be descriptive of the content
2. Add tags to new threads to help Members find content
3. Add links (when a reference is made to another thread)
4. Move posts (typically to: new to Introduce Yourself Here)
5. Deleting buy/sell used Cameras Posts (Send Member This)
6. Delete ads (and send the Member ]this)
7. Delete off topic posts (such as, house for sale in Vietnam)
8. Delete Matterport Pro Wanted posts Reservied for We Get Around Network) to make sure gigs go to WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members
9. Ban spammers (seeking link-backs to their webpages)
10.Ban spammers sending Private Messages (PM) to Members
11. I redact profanity like this [redacted]
12. Approve Members for posting
13. Redact phone numbers, email addresses and names of staff at Matterport (some exceptions)
14. I delete posts directing our readers/our viewers to other sites about 3D-360ΒΊ-VR when the same content would be appropriate on the WGAN Forum or WGAN-TV. I make some exceptions.
15. If the post includes a link for a Matterport, Google Street View or iGuide tour, I embed the tour. Looks nicer
16. If the post includes a link, I typically link it to text.
17. I reach out to Members, when appropriate, to suggest that they join a specific discussion: typically because of their expertise on the topic or that they have been mentioned in a discussion.
18. Help Wanted notices are reserved for me. Need help finding a Pro? Or, please Private Message me.

As one Member posted, I am sorta the Mayor and Sheriff in one.

How would you change how (and why) I curate the WGAN Forum?

Best,

Dan
We Get Around Network, Founder
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
For a cut I will do what ever you want me to!!!!!
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Things are good just they way they are in my opinion.

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
Where do you find the time Dan? You're doing an awesome job playing Mayor and Sheriff - thinking of running for president next?

I notice old threads get archived fairly quickly. When I google something about Matterport you usually see a WGAN link with the subject matter. Many times I would like to post comment to that thread but unable to do so because the thread as been archived. Anyway to extend this?

Also I think it would be nice to create categories rather than have it all lumped into one. It makes harder to filter searches.

Keep up the great work!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Bill

Time for dinner and Argentine Tango dancing with my wife.

I'll reply Tuesday. Thanks for your patience.

best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Snap private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod would be nice to be able to 'favourite' certain posts for quicker reference. You're doing a stellar job and don't get enough credit for all the time you've put in to provide us with resources to help us grow our businesses. Thank you.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod It would be nice to have a mobile app to use for the forum. I'm older and I'm not that comfortable using a web browser on my phone.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod keep up the good work mayor sheriff sir.

I am posting this here also, just seems fitting:

imagine everybody did this with reviews. Hey, I am getting bad reviews and I am a "pussy" so let us remove it. You don't, you leave it and you reach out to the customer and fix it. You don't remove it, especially when you are right and have nothing to hide.

I have never seen reviews being removed from sites before. Have a look at some of the restaurant apps, I don't know what you use in the US. You don't see them removing the bad reviews. No, you see the manager or owner reaching out and dealing or commenting on this. Or in the App store, no the truth stays.

Thye have made a big mistake by doing this. Not thinking we are watching. By doing this you are just losing more credibility.

And Matterport minions on the MOUG forum bad mouthing this forum is pathetic. If it was not for this forum, in all honesty, I would have never started my business. The advice and support and the people I have met on here was the biggest help for me in growing my business and accessing more opportunities and partnerships. If I just took the time that when I had a problem and reached out to Matterport and had to wait days to get a response compared to the customer service I got here on WGAN. Dan can we give you a Yelp review, as I cant find Matterport on there I think it got removed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Bill
Where do you find the time Dan? You're doing an awesome job playing Mayor and Sheriff - thinking of running for president next?

"If want something done, give it to a busy person." ( My wife and I enjoyed our Monday night Argentine tango class )

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Bill
I notice old threads get archived fairly quickly. When I google something about Matterport you usually see a WGAN link with the subject matter. Many times I would like to post comment to that thread but unable to do so because the thread as been archived. Anyway to extend this?

I'll check with our Forum tech to see if we can: 1) extend the length of time until discussions time-out and 2) see if we can re-enable posting to old discussion on a request bases. I don't recall the reason why they time-out at all. Thanks for the nudge on this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Also I think it would be nice to create categories rather than have it all lumped into one. It makes harder to filter searches.

Do TAGS work for you to locate topics that you are interested in? How about the search box powered by Google?Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap
@DanSmigrod would be nice to be able to 'favourite' certain posts for quicker reference. You're doing a stellar job and don't get enough credit for all the time you've put in to provide us with resources to help us grow our businesses. Thank you.

We sorta do this now. If you "vote up" a post, then you will see that in your history on your WGAN Forum profile ... What about tags to search for? Can you describe an example of 'favourite' and how you would use this feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @frstbubble
@DanSmigrod It would be nice to have a mobile app to use for the forum. I'm older and I'm not that comfortable using a web browser on my phone.

It's not high-up on our tech road map. We have a ton of other stuff to do in the next 12 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
@DanSmigrod keep up the good work mayor sheriff sir.

I changed by "badge" to include Mayor and Sheriff

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
How would you change how (and why) I curate the WGAN Forum?
Post 11 IP   flag post
101637 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?