Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceDollhouse ViewFast CaptureProblems

Dollhouse view issue meets Fast Capture?6480

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Ever since I updated to the faster capture app I've noticed that the dollhouse view is completely different. I can no longer rotate around it. It basically gives me one view that I can move around a little but can't rotate it at all. Was that like that before the update. I don't remember.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

I was wondering the same thing on one the other day. I think the tour I was looking at was in the new Showcase interface, was yours. Maybe that Has something to do with it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
Ever since I updated to the faster capture app I've noticed that the dollhouse view is completely different. I can no longer rotate around it. It basically gives me one view that I can move around a little but can't rotate it at all. Was that like that before the update. I don't remember.
Yes it is crap. Was sitting with a client doing a Demo and the thing/ dollhouse moves way to fast. And like you said it does not move around navigate like the ver.1.01.7B/9 update. The transitions are also not good anymore. But let us first fix the TOS as that is way more important than the product we are selling. The one positive is the small matterart logo and buttons look cleaner, but still needs a lot of work.

Wonder when the white-labeling is launching?

I also want to get rid of the matterport URL in the models. My clients are asking for that. So it can be a custom URL. But that might take them another 2 years to develop.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard Are you using WP3D models? You can send your client customized URLs from your own website where the 3D Matterport model is embedded on a page and it takes only a few minutes to add mapping, photos, agent/company branding, property details, etc.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard

With the new Showcase you can change the transition speed to make it look more like the old showcase. I'm not sure if you can do anything about the dollhouse fly in speed though.

And I echo @Queen_City_3D on WP3D. Another advantage to this is that all of the views go toward the SEO of your website!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I too think that the new Showcase sacrifices smooth for speed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Even with the speed adjustments, I find the new showcase interface to be extremely jerky and annoying. What's worse though is that the same model seems to randomly load with the old interface one time, but with the new interface the next time, which makes it extremely difficult to edit it for a smooth walkthrough.

Does anyone know why it loads one version or the other, and not consistently the same version?
In my opinion, this new interface is not a "finished" product and should not be shown to my customers under any circumstances. But it does. Very frustrating.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Richierichks But does it save the setting you make. As per the old showcase when you did the Streetfighter hack you could edit a lot of things but it does not get saved.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Harrycayman Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycayman

Does anyone know why it loads one version or the other, and not consistently the same version?
In my opinion, this new interface is not a "finished" product and should not be shown to my customers under any circumstances. But it does. Very frustrating.
think the same team working on the TOS is also working on the new Showcase 🤪
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D Thanks, but how do you get rid of the power by matterport? I met with a very large international company, and the one reason they declined Matterport for their stores was the branding and hosting. We are still in talks with them and will maybe head to Europe soon to meet with them. And I think they will also love the new TOS going to get them so excited.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Lukmoorkens private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a way to turn the new showcase beta off on your existing spaces because sometimes they start with it without asking.

Reasons we don't like it yet

The highlight reel
- between the dollhouse snapshots there’s no smooth transition
- there is sometimes a big zoom on a dollhouse snapshot
- Floor plan keeps on turning
- Between the snapshots it turns black

Unfriendly use on a tablet
- Dollhouse with multiple floors is impossible to use.

- you don't see the ceilings anymore

Here are some examples of us.

old showcases
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=6yDNfbyr8ef&ts=3&qs=1&tourcta=2&hl=0

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=5uJ4JMmakwe&ts=3&qs=1&tourcta=2&hl=0

new showcase beta
https://my.matterport.com/showcase-beta?m=6yDNfbyr8ef&ts=3&qs=1&tourcta=2&hl=0

https://my.matterport.com/showcase-beta?m=5uJ4JMmakwe&ts=3&qs=1&tourcta=2&hl=0
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@Lukmoorkens Thanks for showing the comparisons. I didn't have any old ones to compare to but I knew something was different.

Does anyone know if Matterport is aware of the problem and hopefully trying to fix it. If not I would show them these comparisons so they clearly see the issue.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101636 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?