Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceSellStrategyTips

Google 360 photographers637

Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Any Google 360 photographers in this forum? We can discuss online or offline if you wish regarding strategy in pricing, workflow or providing the Google and/or Matterport service to particular verticals.
Thanks in advance!
Kerry
Post 1 IP   flag post
RobV private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Kerry

Can the matterport camera be used to create the google 360 tour?

Rob
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Rob,
Unfortunately no as the Matterport final output cannot reside inside of Google's ecosystem such as street maps or See Inside on a business' Google Plus page.
Kerry
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wonderdawg

Care to comment about this We Get Around blog post:

Photographers Switching to Matterport 3D Showcase from Google Business View

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
RobV private msg quote post Address this user
I think the matterport camera and service is much better, I just had a client ask me whether our tours could be added to their google info page.

But with what google are doing...I doubt that will ever happen
Post 5 IP   flag post
I was reading through Dan's blog post and there are certainly very compelling arguments to offer Matterport's Showcase.

As a Google Photographer for the past three years having captured over 250 tours, I've made the investment with Matterport.

I know that there's a bright future ahead if we can get the early adopters and innovative thinking clients/agents/sellers on board.

Some of the challenges is the inability to edit the white balance and unit out the mirrors, shadows and blue cast from the windows.

That said, panorama photography is tough anyway to balance varying light sources from four different directions, so tripod placement I found is key on both platforms.
Also Matterport allows us to support places that Google frowns upon for privacy reasons such as real estate. On the other hand, I can't use Matterport for sensitive places that are HIPPA compliant or have photos or license plates in the scene as Google demands they be blurred such as private schools, nursing homes, etc.

There is definitely a plus when it comes to the user interface with Matterport; on demos that I show, the feedback received is overwhelming intuitive and easy to grasp.

Communicating value while competing against 'bottom feeder" photography services will be a challenge; however I've found by striving to do our best, provide great service and NOT GIVE AWAY our skill sets and services will keep the bar of excellence high among clients who appreciate quality work.
Post 6 IP   flag post
mikeE private msg quote post Address this user
Have you looked at the iris360 from ntech?
I'v already ordered one but I'm a little torn on which one to go with.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101625 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?