Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Scanning

I missed a space. Can I return/re-process?6365

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I recently did a scan of a home and after processing it I realized I missed a location I should have scanned. Because of that I am not able to enter a room from one of the two entrances. Is it possible to go back to the property and add a scan at the correct location and have it re-processed?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman I am not sure. But from technical side you can do that.
BTW if you can't get 2nd chance to scan it, you can try to ask Matterport support to add a special link from the nearest location to that room.

Each location has a list include every location's ID that you can move-to from this location.
Just add one number in that list then you can enter the room from the nearest location.
But it must be done manully by Matterport support.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman yes you can, I have done this several times and have had no issues reprocessing the scene. The big deal is trying to get the room as close as possible to the same which is make sure if you have other doors in the room make sure they are open or closed like when you first scan. If a door that was open is now closed that will now close off another route. Make sure window covering are in about same location so lighting about same. Good luck. Lighting not as big an issue as doors.

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to both of you...Much appreciated.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@rzphotoman One other thing I forgot is that any scans you did that saw the door closed(if it is a closed door) need to be deleted and rescanned. If any scan sees the door closed it has built a 3D surface, so best work flow is copy your original model so you retain it as is. Then in new model delete any scans that may have seen door closed and proceed from their. I normally will start closer to an existing good scan then work up to where I want to be and even scan once or twice on the other side. Again you must delete any scans where a door is closed on either side. You did not say it was a closed door but I was thinking about that. I am sorry for the late update it was early here when I read your first post and started over thinking and thought it might be a door issue.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman One trick I've heard Matterport suggest if having trouble getting alignment from previous model is to lower camera as low it will go and take a scan from that location. Once it "finds itself" in the space you can then go back to regular height and then later in workshop simply disable the lower scan.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ajabba private msg quote post Address this user
When you re-upload the scan, does it charge you for two scans then?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@ajabba no it falls under Matterports policy that you pay for the first processing and what ever it takes to fix, correct or fine tune you will not be charged.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101432 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?