Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
2DAdviceNewbiesPro2Snapshots

Feedback/Question about Pro2 snaps vs. pics6354

tombook private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I just did my first scan so I'm looking for feedback any of you would like to provide. Thanks in advance!

Also, I'd be curious to hear how many of those who use the Pro2 have replaced photography with just snapshots from the Matterport camera. Matterport says that the quality with the Pro2 snapshots are good enough that it can supply the still files for web and print that make photography no longer necessary. What do you think?

Post 1 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I too would like to hear feedback on Pro2 users using the scans to pull still images for print, web, realtor.com with success. I must say the images including HDR images from pro2 seem really good. ( of course not " Quite" SLR quality.. but still very good. The idea of the entire space " recorded " seems to offer a ton of possibilities to " PULL " from the scan and edit into stills in post..
Would love to hear experiences from the community.
Thanks
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll post a job when I get home. MP snapshots are usually excellent (after photoshopping.) I’m not using my Nikon on probably 80% of real estate jobs. Clients usually impressed. I tend to use too wide a view but there’s plenty of pixels to crop if you save the high res jpegs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Harlan, love your work, love your website too..
Coming from you, that very helpful!.
Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Great job on your first scan. I have a client that hires me to do the Matterport scan and also some HDR images. I use Aurora HDR for processing the stills. They always turn out nice, but I also include some snapshots from the scan that I also run thru Aurora HDR. It's great for correcting converging lines, and it really makes even non HDR images pop once you learn how to use it. You can also balance the indoor and outdoor lighting really good, depending on the tome of day you shoot. Bottom line is that this client can not tell the difference. Here are some before and after of Matterport snapshots using Aurora HDR.

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago

Post 6 IP   flag post
Tour and photos from tour. I keep perspective corrected in Workshop by leveling the viewer which I can always do as I shoot my projects at just about 4'-3" above floor level. I also use -80 in capture dialogue then crop as needed in Photoshop.

Post 7 IP   flag post
@rzphotoman Thanks so much for the feedback and sharing the before and after pictures...what a difference! I have already have Photoshop but Aurora HDR seems like a complete solution for making great pictures from the Matterport snapshots. Was there a big learning curve?

@HarlanHambright and thanks to you as well! Those are great shots! Just to make sure I understand...you shoot the snapshots at 80%, make sure the Matterport is level, shoot at a little over 4 feet, and just crop in a little in Photoshop? Is that to eliminate edge of frame distortion? I'm wondering about other issues like converging lines...maybe that's not an issue for you if you're perfectly level, at the right height, and you crop the edges?

Thanks again to both of you!
Post 8 IP   flag post
RZphotoman and Harlan, Those are FABULOUS Photos!

So much appreciate sharing photos!!

I am a huge FAN of Trey Ratcliff Auroa HDR software been using it for years.
Honestly, been using Auroa with an A7RII, but from above quality.. really cant tell the difference!

Well, Ill keep the mirrorless for Videography then.. or unless you tell me the Pro2 can do that too! ( kidding )

Thanks Again.

Question: Are you correcting the line on Aurora or another software? Thanks
Post 9 IP   flag post
The workshop is level when capturing the snapshot. I crop the super wide image as much as possible without losing the space I want. Sometimes you have to keep it all and the edges are stretched. That bothers some people but not realtors.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright That all makes sense. I just went into workshop to see if I could figure out when I hit "level" but I didn't see any definitive indication of that. I was eyeballing it but it sounds like you might see some indicator I'm missing. I'm sure I can find the answer another way if I'm asking too many questions but thanks either way!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman What preset are you using in Aurora?
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@Helen I don't use any of the presets that come with it, I usually create my own for the first photo in a group and then use that for the rest with some tweaking if needed
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@advancedhdr I am correcting all the converging in Aurora. Easy to do and then you need to crop it, also in Aurora.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@tombook Thanks...the learning is not bad at all. There are many training videos that come with the program. For $99 I don't think there's a better solution.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101431 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?