Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Wordpress PluginWP Matterport Shortcode

WP Matterport Shortcode - New Features6293

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all,

There are two excellent Wordpress plugins that you should definitely use if you have a Wordpress site!

First, of course, check out Ross Peterson's WP3D Models. It's an amazing tool for building rich one-page property listing sites -- or a large gallery of models, each with their own SEO rich page.

If you need a simple and easy way to embed a Matterport Tour, or several, in an image gallery manner, then check out WP Matterport Shortcode.

Both Plugins work together and have their own use.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcode-gallery-for-matterport-showcase/

--

Using WP Matterport Shortcode is easy -- anywhere that you would like to place a tour that is processed by Wordpress, you just type:

[matterport src="m360xyzz"]

Be sure to put your model's unique ID in there. You'll get a thumbnail image that when clicked, opens the Matterport Tour in a window over all of your page contents -- sort of like how Workshop appears.

My plugin supports all of Matterport Showcase v2.0's parameters, and I've added a few interesting things over the past few months for power users:

#1) Thumbnails from my.matterport.com

For the longest time, the thumbnail image from my.matterport.com was limited to 1920x1080 (Pro-1). I felt that this was a pretty BAD way to optimize performance as even a normal <iframe> embed would load an image that was unnecessarily large. I chatted with some of the techs at Matterport and they contacted me shortly letting me know that they'd enabled parameters on the thumbnail image -- for instance:

https://cdn-1.matterport.com/apifs/models/PuyiJAwAvg2/images/gNJJjfTc1wP/08.26.2017_14.45.01.jpg?t=2-4e4871abee6c967265bc4fc6edc5524dee80a960-1518414813-1&width=100&height=70&fit=crop&imgopt=1

WP Matterport Shortcode displays an optimized image pulled directly from my.matterport.com now! Plus, with the width= and height= parameters, you can force your own custom image size!

[matterport embed="true" src="uKDy9xrMRCi" width="900"]

#2) Display Tour in Place (No Pop-Up)

Now, I don't really know why you would want to do this with my plugin -- but someone asked, and I added the feature. Now, a single click will swap out the image thumbnail with the tour. Be sure to add qs="1" as I think it's better than flying in from the dollhouse view.

#3) Alternate Targets for Opening

If you have an IFRAME and want to use my plugin to swap out the content, you can! Simply use the target="youriframeid" parameter and be sure to put the matching id in there that is used on your iframe.
Post 1 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360,

I envision some really cool and interesting possible uses for #3 there! Thank you for that breakdown of the features.

I am a bit ashamed to admit that while I have been using WP3D for quite sometime, I have not tried your WP Matterport Shortcode. When I return from vacation, I will definitely be looking at that quite a bit more!

God Bless,
Chris
Post 2 IP   flag post
101436 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?