Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingProblemsScanning

Matterport Pro Turned Down This Scan: You?6277

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Member sent me these two emails (below).

What would you have done and why?

Dan

---

Email 1

Hey Dan,

Thanks for all that. Just got back from a horrible home someone wanted scanned. The house was 5000 sq ft. Looked good from the outside but inside it was filthy and reeked of dog poop. Didn’t bother doing the scan but did some stills for the guy. I was told this was staged and should photograph good. Lesson learned.

I still smell the dog poop as I sit in my office. I need a shower.

Thanks,

[redacted]

Email 2 (after I asked for permission to post)

Sure…I was working with a drone videographer and this was his customer. A new realtor he wants to work with. When the realtor showed up he thought the house was OK just need to move junk around as I went fro room to room. Problem is that there was CLUTTER EVERYWHERE!!!

And then of course the smell. I asked the realtor if he had seen a Matterport scan before and he said “I think I did on YouTube or something”.

So I had to explain why this house just wasn’t ready for the scan. He does have [dozens] other agents in his office and I was able to set up a time next Tuesday to make a Matterport presentation to most of them.

So if nothing else it wasn’t a total waste of time.

I ended up doing a bunch of HDR images with my still camera that will look great, but why bother…when anyone walks into the house the smell will turn then around immediatly. House need to be gutted.

Would love to hear what others might have done in that situation.

Thanks,

[Redacted]
Post 1 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
I would have a seriously hard time sticking that type of job out. Clutter is one thing. Animal [redacted] is another.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I just had a similar issue the other day.
Renter knew we were coming to shoot and left crap (stuff...) everywhere.
Agent and I cleaned up, guy came home and thought is was illegal for us to put his Crap away.
What an [redacted] he was.

I would explain at the meeting these issues and there can be a return fee if the property is NOT ready for shooting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
We had several issues, one was for agent listing her own home. They cleaned and moved stuff around as I scanned. Made for long day and several rescanning when agent walked in to move stuff. At the end of the day agent not happy and no call back. Second agent we told we were not going to scan because home was still be worked on. Again at the end of the day agent not happy and said go in and photoshop construction work out. She did not want to pay for model. Both were told our expectation before contracting for work. Out of all our work these were the two biggest [redacted] agents we have had to deal with.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I did a scan of a home that had a leak in the kitchen with standing water and the cabinets beginning to rot. The cabinets were full of rat droppings and there were many cockroaches in all stages of life. It smelled bad too. Many lights didn't work. I did a little bit of tidying.

... And I got paid! One day I might use this scan to make some sort of cool crack-house tour with scary monsters if it's ever possible

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=w9iAqi5gGH5

The same day, I did another scan. This home was inhabited by a chain smoker and there was little ventilation. It must have been about 85 degrees inside, which didn't help -- and upstairs felt like a sauna.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=NfwmJWbkXmL

And ... I got paid!

But there was an apartment I once went into ... where the furniture was from the 70s ... there was a water leak ... the lighting was weird ... it was hot ... and I just couldn't do it. It felt like the apartment where they found grandma after she'd been dead for a week. I called the property management company and told them that they needed to remodel.

And you know what? When they repainted, remodelled, and exorcised the demons, I came back

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=ECAx62kxZQT
Post 5 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
I went to a house one time that had renters. I guess the renters did not want anything they owned to be seen on the internet. Everything was covered in blankets even the pictures on the wall. Needless to say I did not scan it. Took a photo with my cell phone sent it off to the realtor to show them why. Funny thing was instead of cleaning the mess on the kitchen counters they covered it with blankets.
Post 6 IP   flag post
douglogan private msg quote post Address this user
I've had many situations where the presentation of the home has been... less than desirable. Usually resolved with an honest and frank conversation with my client and a return trip rescheduled. Sometimes they want/need to proceed as-is. Use these opportunities to build and strengthen the relationship with your clients, they value our experience and expertise, this is one of those times to make it shine.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101723 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?