Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewNewbiesScanning

Getting the best GSV w/ your Matterport6268

BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a guide or a list or some great tips on how to get the best GSV with your Matterport?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianM I was thinking the same thing...good question.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Whats GSV ? If it's Google Street View what does that have to do with Matterport ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianM Make sure your camera is level. Matterport has a degree of variance but that may not be the case when those images get uploaded and converted to Google Street View.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers Some MSPs are already able to publish to Google Streetview with their Matterport. There's a beta program going on. I requested to get access to that beta but haven't been accepted yet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport and GSV details here: https://matterport.com/gsv/
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
My tips:

#1) When scanning, try to keep very STRAIGHT paths. It makes much more sense for navigation to be done at 90 degree angles -- and even with Matterport tours, this turns out much better than simply scanning haphazardly in order to complete your dollhouse.

#2) Disable unnecessary scans. As GSV is a bit more cumbersome to navigate, you are going to want to make your tour a bit more streamlined -- no bonus panos for fun! Try to trim down any unnecessary steps by disabling them before publishing. You may want to create a duplicate copy of your tour (upload a second time after moving a marker or something arbitrary).

And yes, as @Helen rightfully points out -- while shooting, you MUST make sure that your Matterport Camera is level. Matterport are not applying any 'roll' correction when exporting panos. I wrote an extremely long winded explanation of why our panos are always level in Showcase on another thread.

Also, if you are going to go 'pro' - feel free to go outside and take the scan to the street. You might not be able to align too far beyond the front door of the business -- so take some 360 shots and either use a 3rd party tool like GoThru, PanoSkin or Pano2VR -- or check out -my- services at mp2sv.com. I'm offering affordable help desk style solutions now ranging from FIXING panos were shot without proper levelling, adding 360 views, and post processing images.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?