Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAPIAPKTipsWish List

Matterport APK Ideas: Our Wish List6262

Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
As a lover of technology and software advancement but knowing nothing about writing code, I figured there would be many others that are like me. So let's get a list great potential add-ons to the matterport platform using their new APK. Maybe we'll give the coders upon us ideas and inspiration. If you like someone's else's idea please give them a "like" to let everyone know the ideas that seem most relevant.

I'll start of by suggesting the option blurring objects such as faces, images, and anything else we choose.
Post 1 IP   flag post
BuzzStudio private msg quote post Address this user
I agree, like licence plates on cars.... and other private info that could be used by someone who doesn't have our clients best interest at heart. Great suggestion htimsabbub23.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@htimsabbub23 - Modifying tour elements via substitution is not [currently] a feature of the SDK.
Post 3 IP   flag post
VRimpact private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Is there a place we can find a list of features that the SDK will offer? Like many, I have millions of ideas but would love to know what is actually a possibility.

Also, is there a way to access matterport SDK now? I have not seen this yet or come accross this? Or is this a select few for now?
Post 4 IP   flag post
whereareweat private msg quote post Address this user
https://matterport.github.io/showcase-sdk/docs/examples.html
Post 5 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
Raw Data Access.
Poly Count Control.
Structured Point Cloud Format.
Full Definition Pano.
Slow Capture for Higher Point Density Firmware.
Manual Alignment.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I would like a Matterport VR Viewing experience where I can simulcast to a big screen for presentations, but only see one lens. (Showing the two lens on a big screen is a confusing, horrible experience.)

Perhaps this can be done today?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@NicolasMorency - None of those things are included...

And I'll explain why.

This is the Matterport Showcase SDK -- it's a software developer's kit for showcase. Does showcase include RAW data? No. Poly count control? No. Structured Point Clouds? No. These aren't things related to Showcase.

Showcase SDK is "An SDK for third party developers to control 3D Showcase."

Now while external controls are the easiest thing to understand -- the SDK is also able to pull a list of all of the panos and direct links to their thumbnail images -- so there's the ability to build interesting navigational ideas using the panos... and there's the ability to pull all of the data from labels, mattertags, floor names, etc. -- all of these components. That opens up a lot of doors, but also then opens up some feature requests that are more relevant -- like:

#1) Turn off MatterTags to instead repurpose them.
#2) Turn off labels to instead repurporse them.
#3) Turn off the guided tour to allow it to be custom built as an overlay.

And ... while right now some things might need to be accomplished as rudimentary overlays over an IFRAME, this is only the first version of Showcase SDK v3.0 (v3.0 = Showcase version). There's an internal roadmap (that I'd like to see) including many concepts that will provide the ability to create new experiences inside of showcase that are not available on the vanilla platform. I'm VERY excited to see this take shape and to go on the journey --- not only incorporating new features in new projects, but revisiting my demo and adding examples of the features as they arrive.
Post 8 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
One feature I would love for a better multi language support is to "filter" the mattertags, so one color can represent one language.

Then a language switch could be made when also other information could be turned off which does not deliver multi language support.

PS: having ideas is the easy part - execution is the difficult one.
Post 9 IP   flag post
whereareweat private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
I would like a Matterport VR Viewing experience where I can simulcast to a big screen for presentations, but only see one lens. (Showing the two lens on a big screen is a confusing, horrible experience.)

Perhaps this can be done today?

I'm probably telling you all stuff you already know so apologies in advance, I thought this was cool/useful, i wasnt 100% sure it was doable until i tested it out today...

So what you can do is chromecast within the daydream app (not casting within the google home app) to a physical chromecast TV (fyi reflector 3 doesn't work I tried it will then display a single screen/view of the VR experience someone is having, NO split screen! It has to be a daydream app though, and a daydream-ready phone, but anything posted to youtube for example works, so a 360 video tour would work well projected over wifi to a big old screen...

not a bad/'cheaper' option if you have the right phone obviously ($99 daydream, $35 chromecast), so maybe not that cheap if you don't have one...

works very well imo. Great UX and nothing but upside. So if the showcase becomes truly available to developers we can really start to do some cool xxxx!

**The only daydream specific Property App I could find was OpenHouseVR and again I can tour around a house and on a big'ish TV you get to see a single view of that experience.

**It's kind of hard to demo on your own!

Post 10 IP   flag post
101421 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?