Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVMarketingScanningTips

Tips: How to Connect MP->GSV to Street View6229

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video MB14: Matterport or Google Street View? Why Choose. Are you a WGAN Standard and Premium Member? Get the free use of nine of 39 marketing videos, including this video - customized with your contact info and logo. [Interactive lead generation version powered by MediaBumpers Interactive] (See Your Welcome Onboard Letter)

Hi All,

So, imagine that you use Matterport to publish your client's Tour to Google Street View.

How do you get the business connected to the existing Google Street View so that visitors can "walk" from the Street straight into the business?

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Shoot Matterport 360º Views (or use one of these 360º Cameras) from the center of the street to inside the business (You can use Matterport to scan outdoors as long as the Camera does not see the sun, but that might not be practical for you. And, always do these scans LAST.)

Here are workarounds - since Matterport - does not use the 360º Views in conjunction with publishing to Google Maps for you.

With the 360ºs you shot - from the street to inside the door of the business:

Option 1: have MP2SV do this for you. (Special savings on MP2SV for WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members)
Option 2: DIY using Panoskin Pro (WGAN Standard and Premium Members get the free use of @Panoskin Pro) (10 day free trial of Panoskin)

How are you planning to enable this seamless transition from Google Street View?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Im Confused.. I thought MP Pro2 will take the 360 and them publish it to GSV once uploaded to MP?

Want to keept it as simple as possible for the time being.

Cant you shoot a 360, not worry about the sun ( no direct ) then shoot 3D inside the business and have them seamlessly intrigrate from Street to Store?

Im the new guy, any suggestions will help..

P.S. Possible to shoot an Ariel pano to use before the MP GSV tour.

thanks.

- Matt
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@advancedhdr

Yes, if you manage to shoot an outside shot that is CONNECTED to the space, you MAY be able to connect seamlessly to the street.

However, if you cannot do this and have to use 360 Views to get to the street -- then you need to manually export the 360 Views and use a platform like GoThru, PanoSkin or Pano2VR to import, update, and republish your tour. The other option is to enlist the help of someone offering enhancement services! (two thumbs pointing this way!)
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360 👍 👍
Post 4 IP   flag post
One more thing now that I am not longer a forum newbie ( will be updating my info shortly );
I have yet to see an example of a MP GSV to Store example.. A GSV link.. I watched the comparisons ( which is no comparison ) earlier today on GSV and MP tour, thank you Dan, but can anyone attach a GSV link to a business from GSV? I am finding this forum a huge help, thank you much.
- Matt
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@advancedhdr

Matterport and Google Street View Examples

Thanks for joining and your kind note.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you Dan and Metroplex.

What I am looking for would be a Store Front example contiguous to the street shoot on the Pro2 AND from the outside, walk up to front door, then into the business... I have seen the above ‘inside’ Examples in above link, but yet have seen a street view link.. missing pushing a button? I understand the MP link would be used only for the business website or social media and the stitched 360’s for google.. but can not locate a Street to Store example... hope this questoin is not too laymen?
Thanks for a fantastic resouce forum. Thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@advancedhdr

We Get Around Atlanta shoots with a Pro1

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
https://goo.gl/uhHfyz

--

Here's a failed attempt. Will not connect to the street. Maybe I should have walked down the street a bit?

https://goo.gl/RbKX1F

--

There is NO guarantee that Google will link your tour to the street. There are just best known practices and optimism available to you.

I scanned something for Chris Petracco this month and did about 70 360 Views to connect it to the Street. It was partially for testing out a glitch with Fast Capture (managed to trigger it 6 times), partially as a practical joke, partially to annoy him, and partially because I had the client adding a window ad to the back of my car and had nothing better to do with my time.

Petracco did not publish the long hike to GSV. I figure that his common sense bested my sense of adventure I hit 101 scans too so that he incurred an additional $19 fee.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Watch “How-to Video: Matterport for Google Street View (Beta)”
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE FINAL STATEMENT. Whoever came up with that two word phrase (no spoilers) is a GENIOUS.

I've said the same thing in anger while moderating soooo many times!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Metroplex360, that link above was so helpful, fantastic immersive on the iPad.
Of course, Matterport space is much more realistic do you have the link to the MPSPACE link to compare?
Did the client use it ultimately for their website or social media?
Looking forward in helping you back in the future. Matt
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@advancehdr - The client used the Matterport tours I use GSV as a conversation starter to sell Matterport Tours. There's value in having it as an option, but Matterport Spaces are more valuable than GSV tours.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101421 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?