Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360DJIDJI Mavic Air FoldableDrone

DJI Mavic Air Foldable 4K-36 MP Panos-IR 3D6212

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: DJI Mavic Air 2018 Presentation Extended Highlights | Video courtesy of iGadget Pro YouTube Channel

Hi All,

Drones keep getting ..

✓ smaller
✓ better video
✓ better panoramas
✓ easier (for not drone pilots) "SmartCapture"
✓ more affordable ($799 / $999)

Even if you are not a drone photographer (yet), check this out ...

Shutterbug (23 January 2018) DJI Launches Mavic Air Foldable Camera Drone That Fits in Coat Pocket & Shoots 4K & 36MP Panoramas

"The Mavic Air also adds SmartCapture, which lets you control the drone using just hand gestures; and FlightAutonomy 2.0 with Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS), which uses seven onboard cameras and infrared sensors in the drone to create a 3D map of the area to help avoid large objects such as trees and boulders when flying."
--

"DJI has launched the Mavic Air, a foldable, highly portable camera drone with a 3-axis gimbal for stability, 4K video shooting, and the ability to capture 36MP panoramic images from high in the sky."

"A new Sphere panorama feature in the Mavic Air automatically shoots and stiches together 25 photos to create a 32MP panoramic image in just a minute, according to DJI. You can also shoot multiple panorama modes to create horizontal, vertical and 180-degree aerial images."

Source: Shutterbug

--

If you you are doing drone photography, what do you think of this new drone?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
That product video is awesome!!! I gotta take some notes and sell my wife on why I need to break down and buy this thing to alleviate blow back.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
I'll stick with my P4P. They recently enabled 360 panos in DJI Go 4 but I've been using Litchi for them the last year.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll stick with my Mavik Pro ... because I think the weight will make it more stable Love this little guy though
Post 4 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Looks interesting - especially for traveling. Hope I can manage to let it tour a space on its own.
Would the camera be good enough for producing acceptable 3D files out of image captures for the use in Unity projects compared to the cams of the other available drones?

Still have not enough "photogrammetry" knowledge to judge this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Nice comparision video: jump to 5:50 for the end results
Post 6 IP   flag post
Post 7 IP   flag post
imad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mori
Nice comparision video: jump to 5:50 for the end results
That was really informative thanks for Sharing mori.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?