Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseFoVVirtual Reality

Matterport Virtual Tour Field Of View?6210

VRimpact private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All
Im creating a Virtual Booth for a client (See image)
Im in need of some advice.

The virtual Tour matterport platform will be going into a wrap around booth. I can get the wrap around screens, but im concerned how it will look once we get it running.
Will matterport simply just make the tour go 180° or will it warp? Is there a app/ software or any advice how to make that work before we purchase stall?

Any advice you can add or experience with something similar would be greatly recieved as always
Post 1 IP   flag post
Please understand, this is the WEB platform virtual tour im looking at being in the booth, not the VR as the VR will be outside the booth. Desperate for help here! I hope I havent over promised my client
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure I understand the question?

Is that curved area going to be a screen from a projector like this?

Post 3 IP   flag post
Not sure... Was hoping to link curved screens up together like they do at exhibitions. Ive been told its possible. Not sure on the size though / scale im doing though. Projecting hadnt even crossed my mind. Is that possible... Just googled and there are projectors that can project 360°. But again... how would matterport browser fair on that? would it be skewed?
Its just an idea- If you know any barriers, let me know @Queen_City_3D
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@VRimpact It seems like you need a special showcase software to show the result.
You need render more angle than the original of Matterport showcase so that the projected image can cover your curved 220 degree screen.

If you have budget and time we can make that special version of showcase software for you.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have any answers but I think you could do a simple test by borrowing a projector from someone (if you don't have your own) and constructing a mini version of your booth with cardboard... hook up a computer/laptop to the projector, test it on your prototype and see if it is distorted or not.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
You may want to take a look at a couple of our experiments:

And here is another post of some time ago:

Projecting Virtual Tours on big walls

You could probably simulate your setup by playing with the embed parameters of a model and stretching it a bit on your site:

<iframe width='1024' height='200' src='https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=7SCxoiVtbmx' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen allow='vr'></iframe>
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Tosolini thank you for the video clips. Looks like what im trying to do on a smaller scale! Its surely possible. Ill do some more research and test to get there. Thanks for the point in the right direction
Post 8 IP   flag post
101421 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?