Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AnalysisBrain TeaserMarketingPricingScanning

Brain Teaser: What would you do differently?6174

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: "Matterport Pro2 Camera | Easy-to-Use Reality Capture" | video courtesy of Matterport

Hi All,

In this new Matterport marketing video published today (18 January 2018), they show and tell about scanning a 3,100 SQ Ft house in 1 hour and 12 minutes.

What would you do differently (and why)?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
Aren't the tripod legs shown in this video going to show up in the pano? Shouldn't she be using the center column and retracting one of the leg sections?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @htimsabbub23
Maybe I level my camera way to much. Every time I move it I level it. I don't see her leveling it at all.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
At 1:40 in this video - while she is scanning right in front of a bathroom mirror - the narrator voice talks about "to create a completely immersive experience". This is ridiculous! And it make me wonder, if executives at Matterport still use their own product or if they have ever used it. They seem to have lost connection.
[...]
Post 4 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
Aren't the tripod legs shown in this video going to show up in the pano? Shouldn't she be using the center column and retracting one of the leg sections?

Yes, agree. It seems that the girl "working" in the video, and the producers, never made an actual model.

But in general the video is OK. It shows the product and how simple and quick it is to operate.

I would be happy if I were one of Matterport's sales managers
Post 5 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
I am not sure what market they are trying to hit with this ad.... if they want to sell to Service providers, then this is counter-productive... the message seems to me to be that it is so simple to use that any idiot with $6k in their pocket can do it...

It looks to me like they are trying to hit the realtor retail market and undercut the MSPs.

I think they need to tier their offering - one tier for MSP professionals and another for 'non-regular' users.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. Same ol' same ol'. They've been marketing to Realtors with a good % of their ads I see for quite a while. I understand the impulse, but I think it is completely out of touch with the reality of the industry. MP has a great product, it is easy to learn. Not enough. Verrrry few agents would have ANY interest in investing in a camera, monthly fees and taking this on. For good reason- they are much better served doing what they do... directly servicing their current clients and farming for new listings.... subbing out photos, 3D Tours, video, marketing. When your opening pitch is adding another responsibility to their list... they are out/ no longer listening.

Within Real Estate, rather than selling cameras, I think a much more fruitful approach is pitching the end product and boosting acceptance in the industry- sell the technology, the unique merits of their tour, vr, showcase, 24/7 open house, show examples of great marketing utilizing a Matterport Tour, how effective it is in differentiating an agent, boosting their brand, winning listings and selling great houses.

Pitch the camera for sure, but to those who ALREADY have demonstrated interest/ability in this arena- with technology, media / content, marketing, AEC etc. Gain more MSPs and THEY will be Matterport's best promoters.
Post 7 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
It's not as easy as 1, 2, 3. They oversimplify the process, a bit misleading in my book.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101438 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?