Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingPricingScanning

Impact of MP faster speed in your business6146

jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there,

I haven´t received the new firmware update yet so I cannot use the faster camera rotation feature, but according to trusted members of this community, the difference is important (some say even a 50% faster when considering capturing+processing in the iPad before moving on to the next spot).

This means that you could save up to 50% of your time on location, with two great consequences:

- You can do more projects per day (improvement in your productivity)
- You are less time in each location (a relief for owners and agents if they have to be with you while you do your job)

The productivity effect means that you could charge a lower price (your costs are lower), while the fact that you finish your job faster and the customer is more pleased, means that you have added more value to your customer's experience.

Now, when this happens you have two basic choices:

- Lower your price
- Keep your price and communicate the improvement in your service.

Of course, you can do both: communicate your service improvement and at the same time lower your price (perhaps not a 50% but something between 0 and 50%).

I wonder what are (or have been) your decisions pricewise
Post 1 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there,

I also am waiting for the firmware, but I believe the true value here is time, both for us and our realtor clients.

One of the first questions I had when pitching to realtors was: 'what's the lead time? When can I get my scan?'

If the realtor can get the scan back quicker to the seller, it makes them look good - speed is an efficiency and an add-on service, nothing has changed from the clients' perspective.

In fact, if anything, we should be charging more for a speedier service!! ;-)
Post 2 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Great question! I too have been curious to see what this will do to the pricing in the market. Looking forward to hearing everyone's response.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer not to reduce price. Matterport’s investment of time and tech resource to do this is not a pass-on to customers, it is a benefit to camera owners to be more productive.

Demonstrate it as a continuous improvement of product and customer service to build loyalty and repeat business. Cheaper + faster + better should not be delivered all together. Pick 2 of the above. iPhones don’t reduce in price each one a new OS or hardware is released do they?

Don’t cheapen the service.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
I have a dumb question. Is firmware something you install in the Matterport camera or is it simply an update you do I. The App Store on the capture app?
Post 5 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@judysmithre, the firmware update is something that you have to do using your iPad connected to your camera. The instructions will be in your iPad under the Camera Settings / Firmware section.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin I wouldn't say that the firmware update cuts the time of your job in half since you have other scan related tasks that are part of the job. The scans - per se -are probably less than half of what consumes the completing a job; from pre-mapping the space, camera/iPad set up, adjusting room (sometimes can take the most time), assessing scans, trimming, positioning camera, realigning(?), repositioning, etc. Hence, how much saved time are we really talking about? And is it enough to prompt a revision in pricing?

Nevertheless, I welcome any expedited processing during a scanning job.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
We can't drive twice as fast too.

Best keep our prices where they are. I'd imagine that some of us are already undercharging to be competitive.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin
Thank you for letting me kow how to do it!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101422 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?