Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVTheatre

I published to GSV!!!6139

grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
I created my first GSV tour directly from MP. I clicked the publish button under the GSV tab, picked the location signed into my Google account and hit the publish button.

A little while later I received an confirmation email from MP that my tour was posted.

Now I am waiting to see if the sphericals connect.

So one question is answered regarding the name on the photos. It will be your name. Yeah!!!

As much as I was complaining about MP, this time I got to give them some love (probably until they come up with a ridiculous high price for GSV publishing)

If the connections are successful I really think it is awesome!

Thank you Matterport!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome. Hope it continues to go well. Looking forward to the next update from you
Post 2 IP   flag post
Here is the tour I created with GSV in MP:

clickable text

Quite a bit to many arrows, but I can delete them. Some connections might not be perfect yet, but it connected. Overall a very easy to use process and it works.

My previous GSV tours looked in general a little better as I post-processed the photos in Lightroom.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngl What information do you require to publish to GSV. Just the address? I am not aware that you can publish to residential addresses. Only to addresses registered on "Google my Business"
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngl What happens after the property has been sold/let. Do you as MSP then have to remove the property from GSV?
Post 5 IP   flag post
VRimpact private msg quote post Address this user
Following this! Just looked now and your still not uploaded onto maps. so the 24 hours thing is most likely an accurate rate.
I have questions on if they can keep up with the demand that we will all send through and still have a ETA of 24hrs :-)

Should we be saying longer to clients as a precaution?

On the subject of GSV. Im keen to know where to find the upload to GSV in the my.matterport portal? I cant see any way to do this yet?
I applied to be in the beta too?

Can anyone help me on this by screenshot where the options are to publish to GSV?
I can then check and see im not missing something before i approach MP to find out why.

Thanks for help in advance to all :-)
Post 6 IP   flag post
@leonvanzweel In this case it is not a property that is for sale, it is an apartment rental business. I am not sure if it would make sense to publish a house for sale on google maps. You are correct that you only can publish to POI to be visible on Google, maps and streetview.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@VRimpact This tour will not be visible in maps, it is not a POI (business )while it is on Google Maps it is not able to be displayed like a business by the public.

I would usually not post a private house but this is for an apartment rental company and I wanted to try the GSV feature out.

A business would have been visible in minutes on maps, however to build the connections can take up to 24 hours. It takes that long for Google algorithms to calculate and connect the spheres.

Sorry, I know the apartment was not the best example, but that's what I was working on yesterday.

The publish to GSV is a beta and might not be available to everybody yet. You will find it above the "sharing" option of your MP tour.
Post 8 IP   flag post
erikolsonmba private msg quote post Address this user
Looks good! I am just over in Champaign, good to see a fellow member in this neck of the woods. I am vendor member of our local apartment association and looking to push this out to them. Thanks for uploading the live view!

The only issue I see is the overlay of arrows to navigate. The large arrow takes over unless you click direct on the small arrows. It also seems to have a lot of turned off scans, which make the navigation a little harder to move around on the first floor.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Please share your examples of the same Matterport 3D Tour and Google Street View tour.

(To embed the Google Street View tour, use the short code for the link please.

Thanks,

Dan

Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl

Got some samples to share?

The same space as Matterport and Google Street View

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Post 12 IP   flag post
Post 13 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing!

I was told you have to open the doors to allow gsv into the business or house.. is this not true?
Post 14 IP   flag post
@advancedhdr not true
Post 15 IP   flag post
Chi3d private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/116453185400700745003/photos
Post 16 IP   flag post
Chi3d private msg quote post Address this user
Tried to post a link to a revent gsv, that’s not how.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRimpact
Following this! Just looked now and your still not uploaded onto maps. so the 24 hours thing is most likely an accurate rate. I have questions on if they can keep up with the demand that we will all send through and still have a ETA of 24hrs :-)

The delay is imposed by Google, not Matterport.

Matterport publishes the panos very fast. The panos contain metadata about their positioning (Geocoords, altitude, pose (rotation), and connections). After posting, it enters Google's queue that creates the connections -- which is what takes so long.

There's another magical Google fairy that goes around and connects tours to the street if a panorama is close enough. I've heard that it's necessary to shoot a lot of closely spaced panos to get a street connection, but recent experiences of mine have proven that theory to be false. It's dumb luck whether panos that walk to the street actually get connected. I've achieved it with ease -- and I've failed to achieve it after much effort.
Post 18 IP   flag post
101429 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?