Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceStrategyTips

Privacy / HIPPA rules612

Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
I was producing a google 360 tour when the thought / challenge occurred that due to Matterport's inability to edit finished panos, I am unable to blur out any faces, license plates or sensitive information on monitors in post before publication.
Obviously everything has to be exactly prestaged, but for experienced Matterport providers, what about family photos, children in private schools on bulletin boards in classrooms?
I might need to have a waiver signed or simply not accommodate those type of shoots where privacy or HIPPA is revealed.
Thoughts? Solutions?
Post 1 IP   flag post
al9901 private msg quote post Address this user
This is something that Matterport will most likely introduce in the near future. Because they are a US registered business and they have a server in the US, their data falls under the DMCA act. If they don't make this easy to do, they will have to remove ANY valid DMCA request, which means that 90% of the scans already on Matterport would be at risk.
Post 2 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Better not to have people during scans and of course remove any picture or other sensible items before starting a session.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
This is a serious issue and I wish MP would introduce a feature to blur. I recently did 6000 sqm or office space which was occupied by a lawyer firm. I had to physically mask every single logo/text/board/poster/document etc with sheets, blank papers and post it notes. It was a nightmare. The client came back after reviewing the 3D model to ask me to remove further images. I had to disable the scan points which in turn ruined the showcase experience.
Post 4 IP   flag post
al9901 private msg quote post Address this user
@andreabortolot That is what I say to customers, but unfortunately that would also mean some customers and markets would be out of reach for any Matterport operator. Shopping malls for example, even at queit times you are bound to catch a few faces and thousands of trade marks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
A few months ago I inquired to Matterport Support about the ability to obscure/"blur-out" objects in a scan. I mentioned that if a picture frame or something else is captured that the client would rather not be there, it would be neat to be able to draw around it in the Matterport Workshop and have that section then be obscured when scanned from the public model.

They responded stating "a feature like you describe is already under consideration", so hopefully that's something that will assist us in the future.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?