Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingVirtual Reality

Matterport Adds Floor Plan Navigation to VR6070

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
H All,

Exciting news ...

Matterport has added Floor Plan Navigation to Matterport CoreVR, as announced in its customer newsletter Wednesday, 3 January 2018.

Best,

Dan

--

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

"Learn About VR Floor Plans" is a link to the Matterport blog on this topic.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod
Happy New Year Dan!

So I have just had a look at this and checked on a couple of my scans as well as some of MP's pre loaded scans and this doesn't seem to be working for me... I can't see anywhere if its just for new scans? Can you enlighten me in any way?

thanks

Marcia
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Property3dNZ

And, happy New Year to you too

Does this help?

Matterport writes:

"We’re enabling Floor Plan Navigation for all Matterport VR Spaces, both new and old. Just update to the latest version of the Matterport VR app for iOS, Android or GearVR. You’ll then be prompted to update any previously downloaded VR Space. Any new VR Spaces will automatically include a floor plan."

Source: Matterport

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Thanks Dan!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Is my understanding correct to say that Floor Plan Navigation is ONLY functional in the VR spaces and not on desktop and mobile view?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: With iGuide, an interactive floor plan view enables you to see on the interactive floor plan where you are in the space and which way that you are looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @leonvanzweel
@DanSmigrod Is my understanding correct to say that Floor Plan Navigation is ONLY functional in the VR spaces and not on desktop and mobile view?

Yes and No.

Virtual Reality is a different media than a 3D model viewed on a smartphone, tablet and desktop.

Unlike Matterport CoreVR without the recent addition of the floor plan navigation, in 3D on a smartphone, tablet and desktop, you can "transport" or "jump" from dollhouse view, floor plan view, slide show view. With the recent return of floor plan view icon - something that existed years ago - it is even easier to "transport" or "jump" from non-adjacent scan locations.

I could imagine Matterport takes the view that the above is sufficient.

That said, Matterport competitors such as iGuide "run circles" around Matterport using interactive floor plan views. For example, while you are looking North, you can see on the interactive floor plan where you are in the space and which way that you are looking.

Plus, iGuide includes a compass. Homebuyers care about where the sun rises and where the sun sets.

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab: See iGuide compass in bottom left.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?