Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVMarketing

Does Google Street View benefit a Business?6052

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I am new to the Google Street View application and have a question to those of you that do provide the service. Does GSV benifit a business on Google search, does it move it up higher in the search ranking? What actually does it do for the business?

I don't know and looking for input since this seem to be a hot topic and Matterport is moving in that direction, very slowly. I am trying to figure out is it worth manually putting GSV tours together like Metroplex360 is doing. Thanks for the input.

Ron
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
The GSV experience has changed a lot since it was first launched. After Google eliminated the "See Inside" option and moved the virtual tours to a carrousel of images where they are mixed with other images (professional and non professional), I must say that the product is not what it used to be.

Nowadays it is more difficult to convince a shop owner to pay for GSV as you cannot assure him/her that the tour will have a prominent position in the images carrousel.

I cannot say anything about search ranking because I have no data about it, but I don´t recall reading anything about it from Google.

Perhaps another colleague has a different point of view and more information. I would like to hear it.

Jorge
Post 2 IP   flag post
This is what I am worried about what is the benefit for the business. I do not see a reason for a small business to pay for this. To be honest I do not see a reason for a big business to use this at this time as @jfantin said the GSV even gets lost among the photos. So if there is no photos of the business then it the only one that pops up, if the business is popular GSV is lost in the group. So can anyone explain the sales angle.

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
Come on guys and gals, I saw a lot of interest and posting talking about GSV, a lot of interest and talk. A lot of chat, but I even looked up Googles Street View and their data for business benefits reflect on a 2015 data. I see a lot of interested and again I see a potential value, if it gets the support thru Google to do something for the business owner. Am I missing something, if so please point it out. If not a lot of hype for what?

Ron
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys!

Something absolutely INCREDIBLE for you guys to keep in mind -- if Google Street View has lost a GREAT amount of its value by the removal of "See Inside" and "getting lost among the photos" -- then consider yourselves the beneficiaries.

With Matterport 3D tours - not only do we get to sell the best that Google is offering -- but clients interested in a Google Street View tour will also get the BEST 3D Tour available for their website when they engage a Matterport Pro.

Matterport Tours offer the BEST in Street View value when we offer two products at the same -- or similar price point.

Furthermore, go a step further! Offer quality business photography the same as you may do residential. Offer headshots while you're there too! Offer the Matterport Teaser video as a video for uploading to Google. You've got tons of great side options!

I have faith that things will improve with GSV. They couldn't get worse. In the meantime, we already have something much better and when Street View VR-Ready launches, we're going to be able to post 3D Google Street View tours -- and I bet we'll get to repost the ones we've done with the enhanced 3D data!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I agree with your points @Metroplex360, but trying to sell something to a small struggling business that will give them the best tour to use on there webpage or for some advertising that will do little to nothing for their bottom line.

It would be easier to sell if Google would start by pushing up the Pro 3D or virtual tours to appear in areas that would benefit the business or just below the paid ads or under the number of hits they receive.

So just like YouTube as they get more hits they move up in the search, this would be a tangible sales angle. The businesses I talk with are looking for an angle to benefit them, big or small. If a business big or small does a simple search they find the same facts I did Google research is old, for a business as big as Google can't update the data.

So either there is no data or does it not support the sales angle. Then why the big push to move Matterport in to GSV. So the more I do the research it just leads to more questions about GSW teaming with Matterport.

It definitely could be good but nobody from Matterport or Google are saying. If they went back to the inside view that would move them up in the search that would help. Selling to big business they have a budget for advertising and if it does not work no big deal. Small to medium business gets little to nothing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

What are your thoughts on this topic or questions?

We all need to be able to explain the benefits of Google Street View.

best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had asked this question a few months ago and was told basically GSV was no major benifit for a business. I found if very few photos on file then it may help but if there are several photos in the system neither MP or GSV move it up in the search.

So I hope something has changed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

How potential customers discover a business - Google search and Google Maps - is incredibly important to the success of business.

Search Engine Land (23 February 2018) Search outpaced social for referral traffic last year, driving 35% of site visits vs social’s 26% share of visits

"Google was the top overall traffic referrer for the year, and owned a 36.82 percent share of visits during the second half of 2017. While Google’s share of visits was up more than seven percentage points between the second half of 2016 and the second half of 2017, Facebook’s dropped 12.7 percent during the same time frame."

Publishing to Google Maps/Google Street View can help your clients Succeed Faster.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Here is a video about the Benefits of Google Street View.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I am still waiting for Google to bring GSV back to the same quality that it used to be... If see inside comes back, then immediately it has huge value
Post 11 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
I am still waiting for Google to bring GSV back to the same quality that it used to be... If see inside comes back, then immediately it has huge value
never gonna happen, GSV is Map’s product, Search owns the KG and ‘See inside’ took up too much valuable real estate. Wth GMB now supporting video, I think we can see where the KG may be headed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @TrustedPhotoDC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
never gonna happen, GSV is Map’s product, Search owns the KG and ‘See inside’ took up too much valuable real estate. Wth GMB now supporting video, I think we can see where the KG may be headed.

Hi All,

I asked @TrustedPhotoDC about the abbreviations. He wrote back:

---

kg - knowledge graph or now also called the knowledge card

GMB - Google My Business (organized under the search division)

Google Local Guides (organized the maps division)

---

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
101635 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?