Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
eBlastsNewsPricing

News - Matterport to Charge for Overage6004

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all,

An e-mail went out announcing that in Feb 2018, Matterport will begin to charge for exceeding the maximum # of models in one's hosting plan. It's a poorly kept secret that the 'limit' of how many models that can be hosted was not really enforced - but that's coming to an end.

Matterport sent out an e-mail (alongside their Happy Holidays email humorously), letting us know that an additional $19/mo will be charged for each lot of 50 models that we host beyond our limit.

Weird number, but in a way, I'm relieved that there's finally a decision that has been made about what happens when you go over.

--

Dear Valued Customer,

As of February 1, 2018, we are implementing a new automated process for billing customers which will replace any current manual processes. This will directly impact customers who exceed the maximum number of models included in their current hosting plan.

What does this mean?

According to our system, your account is coming close to exceeding the amount of models allotted for your current package (awesome job!). Congratulations on creating so many models! We recommend that you upgrade your plan to accommodate more models. You can upgrade your plan at https://buy.matterport.com/user/login.

How much will I be charged if I am over my limit and don’t upgrade?

You will be charged $19 a month for each block of 50 models over your plan. Please see the plans below to assess which is appropriate for your business model.

To learn more about your options, read our FAQs here.

Thanks!

-The Matterport Team
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I'm approaching 500 stored models. Many of them are rentals, resort properties, and archive/historic and cannot be deleted. This billing policy would make more sense if there were a method for putting models in cold storage, so to speak, either on a non-active server or by downloading for storage on local media for future retrieval. Having said that, my current overage charge would be about $80/mo which I reckon ain't all that bad.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
I got the same email, so I upgraded the plan. On the bright side, it’s worth noting that the Matterport has been a money-making, good return on investment.
Happy Holidays and much success to all in 2018!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright In light of this do you or will you start charging hosting fee's after a year for a model?
I have always had on my pricing that it includes 1 year hosting but I have never charged beyond that. Might be time to rethink about charging.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I did not receive this email and I'm sitting at 481 spaces.

Just to clarify... If I go through the old ones (e.g., real estate listings that have sold and aren't being used any more) and turn sharing off, that ends the hosting for that model, right?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I tried turning "sharing" off for a model and my number of spaces remains the same.

Does that mean I actually have to delete the space to get the model account down?! That would be absolutely terrible if that's the case.

Unless Matterport can offer a practical backup solution for the scanned iPad models I think it is unfair to hold MSPs hostage to the processed models.

Also... what about space statistics? I'm sitting at 545,200 impressions and 493,600 visits. If I'm forced to delete the old spaces, do the stats for those models disappear?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sorry to hijack this thread but now I'm even MORE confused...

I just deleted a COPY of a space and the model count number went down by 1. My understanding is that you can re-upload a space with no additional processing fee if you need to change trim marks or do any other fixes to the iPad model.... but does this then mean that every resulting processed model counts towards the max hosting amount? That doesn't make much sense to me...
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D Yes I believe if you duplicate a model it does go against your total model count so you would need to delete the ones you do not want.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If they are going to have a charge for hosted models... then it should just be for the ones that are hosted.

If I turn off sharing, it's not hosted any more and then it shouldn't count to my max... That's my take at least.

Sure, I can start deleting models of sold properties from 2 years ago but I know what's going to happen... someone down the road will contact us about an old showcase model asking if they can pay to reactivate it to use to re-market the property for sale or for rent, and I'd then have to explain why I stupidly had to delete the model as I was being charged for it even though no one was looking at it any more.

I've been one of Matterports biggest proponents talking it up to anyone I meet, but this confusion/concern about max hosting plans is counter-productive to Matterport's best interests. I believe it's what is keeping a lot of people from buying a Matterport.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D Yes that would be nice if you could turn off sharing and it did not go against total model count, and if and when it was reactivated it went against your count again.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Helen that’s the only way that remotely makes sense to me.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?