Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppMuseums

Very large home... how to?60

sdubose99 private msg quote post Address this user
I read there are max 200 sweeps in one model but I have a 9000 sq foot home to do. How should I approach that? Make multiple models, one per floor?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
You can probably get it all done with less than 200 scans. The one I did yesterday was 7,500 sf and it was less than 150. Of course, the actual number of the last scan was 156 because of the 20 or so misaligned scans that had to be redone.

Which begs the question: Does the rendering software look at the actual number of scans or will the capture app stop when it reaches 200?
Post 2 IP   flag post
YairYepez private msg quote post Address this user
Yes.A scan per floor is a good option. But if you have time, and if you can do the scan twice, then i suggedt to do it regardless the limitations of the tech. Keep it below 200 sweeps and distribute that into the 9000sqft. The separation between sweepd shoule be >3ft and <8ft. And don't overscan it. Too much sweeps are bad for the navigation of the model, it becomes slow an tedious to navigate a 3D showcase wit too many sweeps.
-Y
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@sdubose99 Since Capture 2.x has a duplicate feature, if you get to 180 scans for one model with two floors, for example, and can not complete the house within 200 scans, then duplicate the model to make two models. (In one model, delete floor 1 scans. In the other model, delete floor 2 scans.) To duplicate, go to the top right corner ("Edit" button) of the app when you are reviewing all your models.

9,000 sq ft is easily doable within 200 scans. About @Glenda question, If you do 225 scan, but deleted 50 scans during capture, Matterport counts 175 scans.

Capture 1.x app would tell you the scan count. I have asked Matterport to add the counter back in a future release of the app (and feel that they will do that).

By the way, congrats on the 9,000 sq. ft. house project. Hope you will share it here when done.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Bob at Matterport has told me that 200 isn't a hard limit. It's just the point at which they can no longer guarantee a good, working model that's a reasonable size. Capture won't stop working if it sees a scan number above 200.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan and John... I sure don't want to push it. Would be horrible to have it not work right after spending hours on a home.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@sdubose99 To follow up on @JohnBecker comment, if you submit a model with 210 scans, for example, and it does not process, you could remove 10 scans and re-submit it. Matterport would then make sure that it will process because it's within their 200 limit.

By the way, it's possible to see 226 scans even though you deleted 27. At the moment, I manually count to see that I am at 199. I do the "count" when I am done and, if necessary, remove scans.

Good luck with the 9,000 sq. ft. house model. I look forward to viewing it in doll house view with all floors within the model.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
You guys are great... Here's what Bob at Matterport came back with, which reflects the same info you gave:

"200 sweeps per model is the current official maximum number of scans per model. While its not a hard stop, it does have technical merit. Basically it was determined that a 200 sweep model was the maximum sized model that could be reliably / repeatedly processed and viewed without issue. While it is possible to go higher, its beyond the scope of the current product, and puts you at an increased risk of processing and viewing issues.

Having said that, as long as you are willing to accept the risks, you can certainly experiment with larger models. I can also let you know that we are typically able to address processing errors with these models with the catch that it often takes several days to do so."
Post 8 IP   flag post
101431 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?