Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceBusiness PlanStrategy

Building website595

justinS private msg quote post Address this user
Who here can point me into an affordable direction to build a website,I don't have the time to do this crap. And I'm suffering for it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Post an ad on upwork.com and ask for someone to do it. People on there from $3usd per hour. Make sure you get samples and don't pay up front. Ask for a quote and pay for progress. Mostly India, china and the Phillipines
Post 2 IP   flag post
Andrew private msg quote post Address this user
@justinS

Wix.com will help you.

Andrey
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
There are a number of Forum members that create websites – and single page real estate webpages – and integrate Matterport seamlessly.

I encourage you to hold off a few days so that members can either post here or PM you.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
seanminor private msg quote post Address this user
I would send a message to Spencer at renderingspace.com. He has some great options as well as Marcel who does showcaseskins.com.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
@justinS Can you tell us more about what you'd like the site to do for you? I'm assuming you'll want to advertise your 3D scanning (Matterport) services....anything else?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Conor private msg quote post Address this user
I recommend strikingly.com - they're the go at the moment, according to top site designers it's all about one pages sites now, because mobile is taking over and it's easier to swipe than click... Really easy to use. Works well on mobile(someone said wix but apparently that's flash based, or used to be ie doesn't work with iOS)You'll have a nice looking site in an hour. You'll need the pro version to embed HTML. Tip: invite your friends to join and you get a free month for each join. If you have a few email addresses they count as "friends" if you get what I mean...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Andrew private msg quote post Address this user
@Conor

Wix works with HTML for a long time and reccomend to convert your flash site to HTML Lots of free templates...
Post 8 IP   flag post
al9901 private msg quote post Address this user
@justinS

I would really recommend taking some time to learn how to edit a wordpress site. It is a real hump to get over, but I promise you this, in the near future you will be so glad you learned to do this for yourself.

- Wordpress is much easier than coding in HTML,you buy a template, and you can even edit the dummy data
- There is a plugin called Visual builder, once you have had a few tries at that and edited some dummy pages, you will be very confident in making pages quickly yourself
- All good templates come with "dummy" data, or a dummy site, you can load that in and then edit and delete to get your first site

What is best about Wordpress is that it's very easy to add new features and they have the largest collection of plugins available, so if you see something you want to do with your site, it's almost guaranteed there is a plugin that will set it all up for you.

If Wordpress is a bit complicated and takes too much of your time, I second WIX, at least to get you started.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
@al9901 I agree.

If you have the energy...invest in using WordPress. You can easily hire developers/designers/consultants if you need help, but you'll never be tied to anyone or any specific host if you go this route. At this point, every city in every country has a WordPress expert, if not hundreds of them.

Please note that I'm very biased, considering that I make my living building WordPress-based sites and plugins. More importantly though, I very much believe in "owning" your own content, behind your own domain. WordPress makes it easy to do just this...and gives you the opportunity to grow your site alongside your business.

Most of the proprietary solutions (Wix, Squarespace, etc.) do allow you to assign a domain to your account, and they definitely make it very easy to spin up a site. The issue I have is that there is a glass ceiling to most of these solutions. If your business grows like you hope, it may or may not be possible to tweak one of these site the way you want and (beyond the tools that are offer) additional customization may not be possible at all. Furthermore, you're pretty well stuck if you want to pack your bags at any point...they'll give you a data export, but you'll basically be starting over from scratch at that time.

My advice is also to invest in learning how to use WP, right from the beginning.

Stepping off my soapbox now.
Post 10 IP   flag post
justinS private msg quote post Address this user
Wow I love these members Dan. You guys are so helpful I will take on a challenge and let you all know what the end result may be. Wordpress seems like a very good idea. I'm short on time, but sounds like word press has benefitted you guys.
Thank you!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?