Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Buy CameraNikon

Best Value Nikon Cameras5869

lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Group - I'm trying to decide if buying a full frame Nikon is worth the extra money. Want to be able to use my existing Nikon lenses hence Nikon is my requirement. Do some of you have strong feelings regarding one model vs. another and would you give your reasons for believing in the model you recommend? My current Nikon body is almost considered an antique so the time to upgrade is NOW!

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@lisahinson If you presently do not have a full frame your lenses may not fill a full frame censor depending on the lens. Something to consider and check for on compatibility. Cropped censors are great for real estate as they give you better depth. Full frames are great for portraits weddings etc where you want to get that great bokeh.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Helen Thank you for the information - The upgrade was to be 90% for Real Estate and your thoughts are very helpful!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
My vote is on a Nikon D7200 with Warranty.

I highly recommend going to a camera store (or Costco / Sams) and holding the camera first. For instance, the D5000 series is going to produce pretty similar results. It's not as rugged (all plastic construction), but the deal breaker can be how it feels in your hands. I had my D5100 for 2 weeks before putting it on Craigslist as I just could not stand holding it. Personal preference is a big deal (ask any Mac owner, then grin, unless you are one, then look in the mirror and grin). I believe that largely the debate between PC/Mac, Samsung/iPhone, XBOX/PS4, Canon/Nikon and then between similar models comes down to preference. The differences usually fall into niche use features.

B&H, Amazon and Best Buy all sell the D7200 for $800 (body only).
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 Chris, as always, I appreciate you chiming in! Had not considered Sams or Costco's - that's where I'll be heading this morning! The camera I have been using forever is the Nikon D40X and seems like it's time to move forward! The D7200 certainly had caught my attention a few weeks back when I started researching. Thanks again for the input from you and @Helen.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
@lisahinson
Everyone's advise is spot on, I go the samsclub route myself unless I am getting really high end models then I will go through my contact at Sammys camera as they normally hook it up!

I'm a canon guy myself as so I cant help in the Nikon department, but depending on your lens situation while moving up to the the full frame (double check which ones will work and which ones wont!), I would take a look at the newish Sonys- the A7 variations. In my honest opinion its the best camera on the market, as it is super versatile, and is mirrorless which is a big plus. I use an A7r for photo/video in my studio and it is amazing. For real estate photography I predominately use my canon since I shoot real.vision with a fish eye.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@JakeRees thanks for chiming in and concurring with the previous posts!
Post 7 IP   flag post
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
The D7200 is DX not FX. If you want full frame you'll need to look at the D5, D850, D810, D750, or D610.

D5 - $6500
D850 - 3 + month back order
D810 - being replaced with D850
D750 - oil on senor issues
D610 - might be your best option

Order from B & H, Adorma, or MPEX.

You'll get more real estate with a FX.

From Google:

The DX and FX Formats. In digital SLR cameras, the camera's format refers to the size of its image sensor. Nikon makes a DX-format sensor and an FX-format sensor. The DX-format is the smaller sensor at 24x16mm; the larger FX-format sensor measures 36x24mm which is approximately the same size as 35mm film.

Here is a good link: clickable text
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks @BrianM - great info too!
Post 9 IP   flag post
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
I'm all excited, my D850 shipped and will arrive Saturday.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101704 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?