Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Multiple FloorsScanningScans

Add lower floors to already done space5752

DroneProjects private msg quote post Address this user
Hello !

I present to you one of my last models, in principle, they only wanted to make the main floor, but they have seen the results and want to add the lower floor. I have been looking at tutorials and I have only discovered how to add a floor but never lower floors (warehouses, storage rooms, etc) I suppose that is because matterport advises to always start from the bottom floor. I know I can rename the floors my this works or I have to repeat the scanning completely?

Very many thanks in advance

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DroneProjects

Simply add a new floor on your iPad.

While the floors will be in the “wrong” order on your iPad, the model will look correct.

The iPad floors are to help you visualize: nothing to do with how the model is processed.

Way to go getting more of the space.

Please share it again with the new floor and screen grabs of your iPad.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
@DroneProjects
Adding a floor is adding a floor- top, bottom, what ever, doesn't matter.
Matterport "recommends" bottom to top. I have done it both ways and have never had an issue
Post 3 IP   flag post
Helpful tip though, when going down, name them -1, -2 etc. it makes it easier if you have to remove any points later on
Post 4 IP   flag post
DroneProjects private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Guys @DanSmigrod @JakeRees

I will continue with the model and add the floors as you have told me, of course, I will share the result with you.
Just one question is coming to me now. When I have to add a new floor ? Upstairs ( at street level) or once I have walked downstairs at the "new level" ..

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DroneProjects

It's up to you. The mini-map view of floor-by-floor is for helping you visualize that you have scanned all spaces.

As @JakeRees suggests, if you have scanned floor one already, and you want to scan the two floors below, you might name the floors -1 and -2. The names on the mini-map will NOT correspond with the actual floor numbers once Matterport processes the model.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
@DroneProjects
I add anew floor halfway up/down the stairway- you can do it however you want to though. Its more preference than anything else. This only effects the model when you select to only see one floor and half of a stairway will show up.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101437 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?