Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,031 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MuseumsPrivacy

Matterport Mattertags: set private content?5631

tmtrnnt private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a Matterport camera in the near future, but have a (potentially unusual) query about Mattertags:

I'd like to have content in Mattertags that is private to only selected viewers (i.e. non-public domain). (Ideally the whole tour would be private and password protected, but I understand that's not possible)

I'm thinking the way forward would be to embed the content (e.g. a photo album link) using Embedly, but link it to web service that requires a login (e.g. Flickr private album) so that the link is there, but when you open the link it would pop up in a new tab with either a Flickr login, or the content if you're already logged in.

Does this sound like a suitable solution? Or would there be another way?
Thanks,
Tom
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
So far that sounds like a plan... have not heard this one yet so please let us know when it works out... Good Luck...
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@tmtrnnt

If you embed the Matterport Spaces 3D Tour on a page that is password protected, would that be secure enough for your use case?

Perhaps if we understood more about what you are trying to accomplish?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
tmtrnnt private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Using a password protected page wouldn't work in this instance, as the media would still be public facing (unless I use my workaround in conjunction) as it's embedded from elsewhere.

I suppose if a Tour could be secured and the media that is embedded is actually embedded in (i.e. part of) the tour, as opposed to embedded with embedly from another web service it could work.

We are looking to embed commercially-sensitive media in Mattertags, so that specific commercial proposals can be seen by Clients but without them being in the public domain.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?