Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360ArchilogicBlueSketchFloor PlansPhoto Sparc

Building 3D models from floorplans5584

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any parties that build 3D models that are navigable (i.e., can have virtual walkthroughs) but are built from just the floor plans?

BlueSketch, perhaps? Any others?

A client who likes our finished product Matterport scans is inquiring about having a 3D walkthrough of a similar nature done prior to completion. Obviously it would all have to be virtually built, but wondering on the costs.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Archilogic works quite well
Post 2 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Archilogic is great but may be costly. We recently introduced a 360 degree view to our Blue-Sketch 3D Floor Plans. This is not exactly what you're looking for - you cannot walk around - but you can stand in a room and see a 360 view. Price is $119.95 for the 3D Floor Plan and $29.95 per each 360 views.

https://blue-sketch.com/360-view-within-3d-floor-plan/
https://blue-sketch.com/product/3d-floor-plans/

[Added by @DanSmigrod | We Get Around Network Basic, Standard and Premium Members save 25 percent off this pricing.]
Post 3 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@PetraSoderling Hi Petra, do you mean we can view your 3D floor plan with a VR headset and look around? That is very useful indeed, standing still is fine. I've seen some amazing 3D floor plans that are viewed with a headset that cost a fortune (literally at least $30K) lol so I am interested for a way more cost effective solution!
Post 4 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D,
I am an Archilogic partner and can provide you with interactive 3D models built from 2D floor plans through the Archilogic platform that are white labeled. You can learn more about their products at PhotoSparc.com.

Our pricing starts at $85 for a single floor up to 2000 sqft. If you are a member of the forum, you can get 20% off all of the services that we offer.

Example 3D Model

The Archilogic models are completely interactive and VR compatible. I recommend using them with the 2nd generation cardboard version. Turn around is usually 1-2 days and you can provide example images of how you would like the space decorated/furnished (inside and outside).

Let me know if you have any additional question.

Thanks,

Jon

[Added by @DanSmigrod: We Get Around Network Basic, Standard and Premium Members save 20 percent off the pricing above.]
Post 5 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
@nat_vanveen Hi Nat, no this is just a on-screen experience. There's an example under this link https://blue-sketch.com/360-view-within-3d-floor-plan/ Hope this was not a disappoiment
Post 6 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
We did a SketchFab test a while back, while it´s similar to having only the dollhouse view you can also view it in VR. https://sketchfab.com/models/8b7cd98dc9784ed8aeeb58ee139f78b1 We do this for $ 100 pr floorplan. (We Get Around Network Basic, Standard and Premium members get 10% discount).

Another option could be CGI 360´s and KR Pano as a CGI virtual tour, it´s costly though and I don´t think we can get anything done for less than $ 3000.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Mimax_Solutions_Ltd private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D price for renderings from plan depend on how detailed you need them.

We can create 3d walkthroughs that can be sent to you as a standalone program that is VR ready (we test all files on our own HTC Vive before uploading)

the files can be used without additional software but you do need a dedicated graphics card , min 2gb and OpenGL 4.2 compatible ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460/Quadro 2000 and newer / AMD Radeon HD 6800 series/FirePro W5000 and newer). all models can be branded with your name and logo.

the link below is to a folder with a 3d model created primarily for the stairs so little other information or rendering was added.( changed the branding so you can see the options)
clickable text
(one file is set up for VR)

Stills and videos can be created from all models from any angle...

Post 8 IP   flag post
Mimax_Solutions_Ltd private msg quote post Address this user
Just had a thought......

as the file linked in my previous message is an application you may get a warning from anti virus software, everything is good with the file but its just been created so flags a warning.

some sample files can be found in the link below, the files ending with "VR" work with htc vive (not sure about any other vr headset)
Sample 3D files (applications)

If you are a little apprehensive about downloading the applications ive taken a quick video of me opening the file and using a mouse to navigate the 3D environment.

using the keys and mouse you can navigate and change the time of day (shown at the end of the clip)

we can create the same sort of application with built from scratch environments or with the obj file from Matterport . the video below is from a sample file exported from Matterport camera (minimal work has been done to the obj) No extra software required, just open the file and away you go.

some sample files can be found in the link below, the files ending with "VR" work with htc vive (not sure about any other vr headset)
Sample 3D files (applications)

Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

Are you still seeking service providers for Building 3D models from floor plans?

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Nope... client decided not to pursue that. @JonJ had a good solution but unfortunately I wasn't able to send any business his way.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

Okay. Got it.

That said, this discussion (above) will likely be helpful for someone else that has a similar need.

Best

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 10 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?