Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanCareersPricingReal Estate

Matterport operator job offer/salary5576

Mr_Mugen84 private msg quote post Address this user
Good day!

I've just been offered a full time position from a property management company to provide both matterport scans, and photography. During the phone call they put the ball in my court as far as salary and I need help to determine what is fair and possible.

About me. I'm actually a videographer and have just recently transitioned into real estate photography. I've had a few gigs with the same property management company working as a freelancer.

I've done some market research into real estate photographers salaries, but there isn't much info about matterport. During the call if was also mention I could be trained as a drone operator as well.

Anyway I told him I'd get back to him and I'm trying to track down info.

Ideally I want to start my own company that produces photos, video, ariel, and matterport scans in the real estate space and this might be a good opportunity to learn some skills.

The job is full time with benefits, and a company car.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Morgan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
Morgan,
I did a quick Google search and found the "average salary for a real estate photographer" is about $43,100 per year.

In a manner of speaking, their need puts you in a unique position. They need your specialized skills and there is no way to put a finger on a salary for this type of work.

I would suggest that you are a "photographer with a specialty skill". In addition, I presume that you will be using your own equipment to meet this property owner's needs. That adds value.

If you want to work for them full-time AND start your own company, this may be seen as a conflict of interest. You should either get a clear definition of their approval IN WRITING as a part of at employment agreement or decide to not accept a full time position with them.

As for salary; You will probably have to negotiate because they will want to pay "pennies" while you ask for "dollars". I might use a target of the "typical" photographer salary plus 30-40% for your other skills. That means to $56,000 to $60,300 per year. You could discount that somewhat (maybe $3000-4000 or so)for the use of their car. Consider asking for the $60,000 salary as the starting point to give yourself some negotiation room. I will guess they are thinking you can be hired for $25,000 to $35,000 per year plus the car. You may be able to negotiate to be paid in the $30,000 to $40,000 region to start with "growth potential".

Be able to explain why you feel you are worth the money: you have video skills, aerial, photography and Matterport. Have them set up a Matterport account and put the models in it. Doing this clears up any question of "ownership" to the extent that is possible in the murky waters. It also lets them pay for the models after you leave their employ (should you decide to do so).

Find ways for them to say "Yes"...

John Loser
Scene World Imaging
Louisville, KY
Post 2 IP   flag post
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
Do not sign a Non-Competition Agreement as you will not be able to do any other property work.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JohnLoser

Thank you for your thoughts and insightful post. I learned a lot from reading it.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
erikolsonmba private msg quote post Address this user
I have a local company that is trying to take over the RE tours business by offering a matterport tours and drone video in a package at $240 listing. They are trying to find a part 107 UAS pilot that will also do the matterport. They are only willing to pay about $15 hour for this...

His Job Listing for those interested

My buddy drone pilot offered to do the drone part for his typical fee, but not the matterport. This guy said thats ok because he can get any bum to take the matterport pictures! I see a rude awakening coming his way - but my buddy was not going to tell him that!

He is trying to cheapen our profession down to McDonalds cashier skill level wages. I asked my buddy not to work with him at all, but he compromised at just using his guys to do the drone work.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@erikolsonmba

Thanks for sharing. I am posting the Job Listing here so that it doesn't time out for Members interested in what this job listing looks like.

Dan

---

Camera Operator / Drone pilot
[Company and Location Redacted]

Full-time, Part-time, Contract

Responsible for taking interior and exterior photos of real estate listings in accordance with realtor request. Responsible for editing the photos within 48 hours for delivery to client. Initial work will be on a contract basis, but expect the position will grow into full-time salaried position depending on quality of work. Must live or be willing to relocate to [location and company redacted] [website of company redacted]

Required:

Ability to operate industry leading 3D style camera

Ability to edit photos to provide the best image.

Ability to perform jobs on short notice (within 12 hours)

Own transportation

Must hold a Part 107 sUAS license from the FAA (for aerial photography)

Must be dependable - Our clients count on us to be there at the scheduled time

Job Type: Contract

Job Type: Part-time

Job Location:

[location redacted]
Required experience:

Photography: 1 year
Required license or certification:

Part 107 sUAS
Post 6 IP   flag post
Nerdvice451 private msg quote post Address this user
I worked for my many years as a wage slave. I would tell anyone who has the drive and the talent to be independent to stay away from being someone's elses employee. The vast majority of the employers out there (not all) want to do two things: use you and make a lot of money off of you. We work really hard and spend a lot hours with our business but at the end of the day, the money we make is ours. We are not getting a slice of the pie... we get the whole pie. That is the way we like it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?