Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceImaginesResolutionStill Images

Agent not happy with Still Images5420

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
I have a new real estate agent as a client, she loves Matterport. However, she is very disappointed with the still images. See her email below:

"I have finally had time to sit down and review the photos and needed to tell you that we are pretty disappointed in them. I love the Matterport VT, but I am just not at all happy with the photos. The angles are odd in many of them, there are several that are crooked or tilted, there are heavy shadows. I am just not happy with them. In addition, the interior shots are not very bright and many of them make the rooms seem quite small. Is the quality of the still shots just not the same as they are taken from the video rather than being an actual photo? I don't understand your process exactly so forgive my uneducated questions."

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @leeverdon,

The snapshots taken from the Matterport camera do require some adjustments to make their quality sufficient for some agents. If you would like additional comments regarding photo composition, I would be happy to help you. Please PM me if you are interested. As far as photo processing, I would be happy to help with that as well. Please visit my website at PhotoSparc.com for additional information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Jon J
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@leeverdon

I only give snapshots to the cheapest of clients. I don't care who said what, they are not they are not replacements for professional dslr pictures.

Take pictures then let @JonJ do the post magic and your client will be happy.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the vote of confidence @Justin!

For anyone starting out in real estate photography, I would be happy to chat with you and discuss what I do. Just send me a PM and we can schedule a time to chat.

Jon J
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@leeverdon

While We Get Around Atlanta does not typically provide any still photography, we do get clients that ask for the Matterport Snapshots.

In this example ....

www.8080jettferryroad.info

... Photo Sparc ( @JonJ ) did the Matterport SnapShots image enhancement of the still imagery (except for the client provided shots of the Barn).

Photo Sparc also did the Virtual Twilight Image, Virtual Staging images and Archilogic model.

Dan

P.S. We could not image providing Snapshots unless they were retouched (e.g. color saturation, remove the hose in the pool, add puffy clouds in a blue sky, etc.)

P.P.S. The Single Property Website is powered by WP3D Models; 2D schematic floor plans by Blue-Sketch.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@leeverdon Are you using a PRO1 or PRO2 camera?
Post 6 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
The PRO1.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport still images - JUST DONT DO IT.

They are horrible compared to professional photos. If you don't offer those yourself always tell clients to get the real deal from a real pro.

Even the pro2 images are bad in comparison to pro dslr shots if it is done correctly.
Post 8 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ

When I saw you remove the wall in the kitchen a few months ago, I knew you could handle photo editing!

The problem with using the matterport camera is you are not going to be in the correct places to get the angle. You will have to move it around just for snapshots. I would rather use my dslr for that!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Justin,

I agree with you 100% regarding the limitations of the Matterport camera for stills, but if your client is unwilling to invest in traditional stills or if the MSP does not offer that service, Matterport snapshots is a viable alternative.

Having said that, it is my opinion that if an MSP is not offering traditional still photography, they are leaving money on the table. Not only that, but they are leaving the door open to another provider who is able to offer additional services to their client.

As I outlined in this thread, you can get started in real estate photography for under $1,000. In reality, it is possible to recoup the cost of this equipment within 5 to 10 shoots.
Post 10 IP   flag post
jmurphy private msg quote post Address this user
I have a project in which they have asked for high resolution stills with 2,880 px on the wide side. This is French to me. Is this something thats possible from the still we are able to pull?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@jmurphy,

If you have a Pro 2 camera, it is possible to extract images from the virtual tour with a resolution of 8092px x 4552px. Just be sure to select the maximum resolution when downloading your snapshots.

I hope this helps!
Jon J
Post 12 IP   flag post
I have the pro 1. Thanks for response that did help.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Pro 1 is limited to 1920px x 1080px. I would encourage you to add traditional photography services to your offerings. It is a great way to generate additional revenue when Matterport services are not required/desired. And it is a great way to get your foot in the door to be able to upsell Matterport services down the road.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
You won't be able to get the res out of your pro1 images that they are asking for. And beyond that, I personally would tell your clients moving forward that mp images don't compare to DSLR still shots and strongly urge you to offer professional photography. Maybe if you had a pro2, you could get get good stills of out if that but even then,a pro DSLR is preferred and will yield better results.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@leeverdon

Photo Spharc (@JonJ) enhanced the still images - from Matterport 3D Pro1 Camera - in this Single Property Website tour (created using WP3D Models Wordpress Plugin):

www.739trabertavenue.info

While they likely could not be used for print, they look great on the web.

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
@jmurphy - But yeah, if you must use them for display on the web, edit them appropriately or have Jon edit them so they look much better than they would otherwise.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thank you all for your replies. I want to give the customer quality. If I’m not able to i definitely want to be honest. Appreciate all the input and suggestions.
Post 18 IP   flag post
101429 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?