Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
Another great offer for low cost 3D scanner.

What do you think?

http://www.effortless3d.com/
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting,
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice portable scanner, just waiting to see viewing format. If they could develop a seemless photo viewing software, would be another good tool.
Post 3 IP   flag post
octilan private msg quote post Address this user
Doesn't look like they have any working "3D Showcase" examples, yet? I'd like to see how it compares with Matterport but I'm don't see any embedded tours.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Here are the specs if anyone is interested.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Matt19

Thank you for the spec sheet.

I could imagine enabling other cameras - like this one - to be able to publish to the Matterport platform.

Non-MP Cameras to Publish to Matterport

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
But this would be another great system for Google Street View.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like it has potential for AEC as well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
lauks private msg quote post Address this user
Did anybody received a reply on emailing Effortless3D, all I see are nice 3D renders of a this E3D, did anybody see it or is it still vapourware?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@lauks

It's been nearly 24 hours since I requested more info. I have not received ...

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
lauks private msg quote post Address this user
i guess i mailed them some weeks ago, no answer....
Post 11 IP   flag post
I got a return email talking about point cloud data but nothing about a viewer. I have been unable to figure out what their primary focus is. Right now you could run it thru 3d Max but would not give us the quality we are looking for.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Kinda reminds me of this badboy:

Post 13 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all

I had a very good chat with [redacted] founder of Effortless 3D today who was kind enough to fill me in on the current status of their cameras development. The camera is still in the development stages with an expected delivery date in around 6 months. [redacted] made it very clear that this camera will be an open system meaning that all of us who have been restricted in providing models for clients like the government, large global companies and anyone who wants to host their own models this will be the solution for you.

Effortless will not at this point be offering a showcase solution, but it is something they are considering developing so keep a lookout for updates on this development. In addition the camera will not be equipped with GPS but since you control the camera from your tablet or smartphone the captures images can be tagged with their GPS coordinates via these devices. In addition the camera is based on LIDAR so it can shoot outdoors without any issues in regards to sunlight. Richard hope to have samples from the camera available soon so I’m looking forward to comparing these to the output from MP.

Fingers crossed we may finally have a real competitor and in many cases a more superior camera to MP so I’m looking forward to the groups feedback from the information posted above.

All the best
Gary
Post 14 IP   flag post
101429 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?