Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
I've asked in the past and got some good recommendations, but I'm still... shocked... at how difficult it is to create GSVs.

The tools that are available aren't awful... but they aren't as easy to use as they should be.

I've been in the software development world since the early 1990s, and I'm a pretty huge web, software, and tech geek - yet I still find the GSV tools out there too complex to be TIME EFFICIENT.

If I was only going to do a GSV with 8-10 shots, great. But most places I shoot, I might have 20-30 positions - which, again, makes for an unacceptable amount of time to create a GSV.

OR, am I missing something?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@dtavres

Please see ....

Google Street View unbrands Client Tours

And, You are invited to participation in the WGAN-TV live Google Street View Roundtable this Friday...

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@dtavres you're missing the entire institutional history of Street View - back to the beginning and the development of innerspace(over 10 years ago).

Understanding this history would get you to the place we are at today. Unfortunatley this history isn't written down, nor do I think it ever will be; just tossed around at the occasion meetup by TiPs, remembering the good old days, over frosty libations.
Post 3 IP   flag post
dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedPhotoDC
@dtavres you're missing the entire institutional history of Street View - back to the beginning and the development of innerspace(over 10 years ago).

Thanks Trusted... I've been doing PhotoSpheres and GSV since they started, so I've got lots of history. The issue is that Matterport is selling vaporware.

The camera is great, but MP has repeatedly proved that they don't deliver what they say they will. Although the ability to change the color of MP Tags might be worth $4k for the camera and $1,500/yr. lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@dtavres What's wrong with just using your DSLR kit if you have years of experience with SV/BV/BP? The workflow is fast with batching and the quality with a APS-C or FF camera is much better than 1/2.3" sensors.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?