Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Virtual Reality

CoreVR for Free Until December 20185394

mori private msg quote post Address this user
Now on the MP Website:

ALL MATTERPORT SPACES CONVERTED TO CoreVR FOR FREE UNTIL DECEMBER 2018

All Matterport Spaces created through December 31st, 2017, will be converted to CoreVR for free. Beginning January 1st, 2018, Matterport Spaces can be converted to CoreVR for only $19 (£16).
Post 1 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
If they start charging for it, they are mad. No ifs ands buts or whats, they are officially crazy. Not one real estate client of mine will want to purchase this. Wearing Villahermosa residence. After gate, first right, then left. 4th house on the left side of the street. Wearing glasses by the general public has not been accepted yet, let alone realtors who are ultra slow to embrace technology. I spend $20 per new Matterport client giving them a free pair of VR Glasses in order to try and promote VR.

It just won't work...... Dont they know anything about agents in the USA?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Here in munich we had a real estate agent who extra bought the latest Samsung Gear VR with an S8 and was not able to set it up correctly without any help.

I think VR is good for trade fairs like the Expo Real, but not yet with the current apps.
Navigation is to complex, no multi language and offline is also not working in the real world. Had this issue with Daydream and Gear VR. Without a good connection you are totally lost.
Post 3 IP   flag post
BrianAshley private msg quote post Address this user
I do not understand what the term Core VR mean. As has been the case for over a year, I can drop my Galaxie phone into my Samsung Headgear VR and play any Matterport Tour I have selected.
What does Core VR do differently than that? Is it an enhanced experience? Is the imagery better, or is there better navigation?
Post 4 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianAshley

I might be wrong but I think that is core VR.

I consider myself a tech geek and I have honestly never seen it that way. I can almost guarantee none of my clients have ever viewed it either.

When it first came out, it was a paid service. I assume no one bought it, so they stayed offering it for free. I believe two deadlines for free core vr has passed and it is still free.

I wouldn't worry too much about it until they start charging!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianAshley That is CoreVR. There is a CustomVR option that you can order, but the cost is somewhere around $500US or so. With the custom option there's a chance that you'd get steroscopic views (truer sense of 3D), but I don't think that's guaranteed.

Right now spaces convert to CoreVR for free, but there's a threat that they will start charging for this in the future.

I think that's ridiculous. As @hometakes mentioned, the usage for clients just isn't there and there's no way I can upsell that.

IF... (and that's a big if) Matterport is adamant that they will charge for the CoreVR, then they should just do it for basic plans and have the Business and Professional plans continue to get the free conversion. I imagine that would push more MSPs into their higher priced plans and reward the ones that are already there.
Post 6 IP   flag post
BrianAshley private msg quote post Address this user
@queencity3d That makes more sense and I agree with assessment of MP trying to charge for this. They have a few years to wait.
Post 7 IP   flag post
MP updated it (fixed typing error in the headline) and it now says "DECEMBER 2017".
So in 2018 we should be for a in my opinion still not really great working VR versions, especially not the WebVR base ones. Still it´s a mess to explore MP spaces with Daydream.

See: https://matterport.com/virtual-reality
Post 8 IP   flag post
101421 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?