Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,031 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSV17

WIRED: Upgraded GSV cameras5372

JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this today, Post

Quite interesting,
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JC3DCX

Thanks for sharing. Great read ...

Dan

P.S. From this WIRED article ....

"Google wants you to help feed its image-hungry algorithms. The tech industry’s recent interest in virtual reality has made 360 degree cameras relatively cheap. This summer, Google began certifying some cameras as “Street View ready,” meaning you can upload your own panoramas through the Street View mobile app to live on the company’s service. That footage will be processed by Google’s image recognition algorithms for fresh map data just like its own imagery."

"Google is counting on crowdsourcing to make Street View data fresher than it is now. “The expectation is that Google has the world indexed,” says Charles Armstrong, a product manager for Street View. “But it never lives up to expectations.” Google’s Street View mobile app rewards individuals who contribute photos with virtual trophies, and it will even suggest local spots to take your camera. More significantly, Armstrong predicts companies, tourist boards, and even governments will soon be driving their own camera-toting cars to make sure the world gets an up-to-date view of their streets and cities."

Source: WIRED
Post 2 IP   flag post
MagnaShow private msg quote post Address this user
Confused
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I want Google Play credits so that I can buy Pokeballs and Incubators... still trying to catch them all. 2 left.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Metroplex 360 .. I think your site is great, clear, concise and easy to navigate... I was wondering - did you create the 360s for the google street view (and become certified) using the matterport camera, or did you use another approved camera from Google's list? Thanks.

***APOLOGIES***
Just found another page which shows how to do it with the Matterport in this forum!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Liam_Tayler Thanks on the comments on the site. I use GeneratePress for my Wordpress theme. It's a bit of a blank slate, but I use the excellent 'Elementor' theme to build pages. While I am quite good at building things from scratch, this theme and plugin have allowed me to focus on creativity and getting my marketing out there.

And yes, I used my Matterport for all my GSV tours. I cannot wait for Matterport's publish to GSV solution -- it will save so much time and be razor-sharp accurate for placement and pose (rotation of panos in relation to each other).
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?