Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business Plan

Online Booking vs. Call to Schedule5364

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey folks,

I am considering adding a booking form where clients can book their photoshoots with the @metroplex360 team.

I've been mulling over whether or not this will increase the # of shoots that we receive; and also whether or not this will have a negative side -- bookings that are lower quality; cancellations; etc. Things that slip through the cracks.

I'd love to hear from you guys who have swapped from 'CALL US' to 'BOOK ONLINE' -- as well as others who, like myself, are considering making the leap.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I've tried online bookings. It's very difficult to use, simply for the logistics of driving between jobs. If I allow 90 to perform a scan, I could be 30 miles from the next booked job. It may take a long time, or no time to travel if it's close. Fixing that part was the most difficult aspect and so far it was more hassle than it was worth.
If you have multiple operators in different areas it may be easier than just a single person
Post 2 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie I would agree, I try to book times by where the locations are.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Networker private msg quote post Address this user
@Jaime has a good point, about the lag or travel time. However, we use Setmore.com's free online booking. We generally set 30 minutes prior and after the buffer. We are in a big city where most things are tightly together--hence most times it works for us.

Setmore has a Smartphone App so it's nice to see those appointment dings coming in. If, they stack in a way which is inconvenient location wise--we call the client to push the appointment up. That's our take.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Networker Do you find that since doing this, it has increased engagement on your website?

@Jamie - Would you consider doing online bookings if you allowed only an AM and a PM time?
Post 5 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
Many realtors are tech averse and prefer calling or emailing rather than dealing with "another online system". Many of the like to do their bookings on the go as well, from their office-on-wheels. For anything below 4000 orders a year I wouldn´t recommend it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Its how you train your clients. Mine were all trained to order and schedule their tour online. Later, I offered ordering and scheduling by phone. That accounts for about 20% of orders. But then I do have a customized ordering and scheduling system.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@mp2fp - Great insight!

@hometakes - It sounds to me like you have good volume as well as repeat business -- thus you're advocating a scheduling system as a service to existing clients -- which makes a lot of sense. You're doing it to better serve your clientel, not necessarily attract new clients who want to order your services in a casual, hands-off manner.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 I would love to. It's just very difficult to have bookings flow. I can allow a certain time between jobs but if there is traffic or the jobs are far apart the default time might not be enough. If I allow an hour between and the next job is 5 minutes away I'm sitting around waiting and I could have packed in more jobs. Doing it manually is a pain in the ass, but it works best
Post 9 IP   flag post
Networker private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 For us, we have multiple agents needing immediate access to our scheduling system when they are with their clients are hot on the idea of a tour. We tried adding Google Calendar to the home page, that helped--but wasn't slick enough because it was just to reserve a time slot and Google could not predict the actual length of creating the tours. Hence, Setmore.

From our standpoint, our real estate agents really like the idea of not having to confirm appointments with us verbally. That's our take.

@mp2fp I see your point about the manually added "guestamate" buffer times. And, if you are booking three to four tours a day (I only wish we were), your point is dead on. However, when you are at an average of 1 or 2 tours a day, the buffer times are less meaningful. When we get to 2 to 4 a day--we may have to manually switch back over to verbal verifications. Unless, we go against Elon Musk and cozy up to AI! ;c)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Networker - We're in the 1 to 2 a day camp too -- occasionally we'll have 5, which is why I've modestly scaled to 'we'. We have 2 cameras, 3 operators I do most of the work but generously give out my overflow when either the job is inconvenient or I'm double booked. My goal is to work towards full utilization of both cameras so that a 3rd one can be purchased! That's partially why I'm looking into whether or not a scheduling system might help add a few more scans per month.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101636 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?