Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanIndustryMarketingPricing

What is the point of being a MSP?5350

3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
So, I received a lead from Matterport yesterday. All I received was a name. No contact info. I have not had one lead from Matterport turn into a sale. Has anyone had any success with this program?
Post 1 IP   flag post
petefstopuk private msg quote post Address this user
Hi It is the same in the UK. Over the last 8 months I have had 6 leads, all little info and no sales. I have contacted the lead with in 2/3 hours of receiving the email and some I have had to search the internet to find contact details. I think some of the leads are other MSP's checking what you are offering prices etc. Lets hope it will get better!
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I received a referral yesterday also. When I read the referral it was the opposite. My info was sent to three other local providers telling them I was interested in a quote for Matterport services. The bad part of it was the third one I received was an email asking to contact myself for a quote. What the heck, what is going on since I did not even try to test it or have any contact. UGH. What is going on.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
I have contacted all leads sent to me by email asking if I could provide them with more information. Not one has emailed back.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Ya, but what a waste of time to get a referral that was just another service provider telling them I want contact for a quote. I also contact all just in case there is a lead, and out of about 30-40 I did get one lead. I don't know what is going on with the referral service because this was a big mistake. I also again think Matterport is focusing more on sales then referrals.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I think many leads may be people considering the purchase of a camera and seeing if they would have any one to compete with in the area.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
I've actually had pretty good luck with the leads I have been given. One is a wedding company that has recurring projects, and the other is a newspaper that offers 3D tours as part of their web advertising for their clients. Both are recurring revenue sources. I do have to say, those are the only two contacts I've received in over a year though.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Rootsyloops The paper that does web advertising sounds interesting! Would you be able to provide a link to see how they present this?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I have had 2 successful referrals out of a total of 6 sent to me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
I honestly haven't even looked at one of their completed packages. The company is Floridaweekly.com
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I'm batting 4 for 9 with MP leads. Unfortunately, it has been used on two occasions by competitors to fish for prices.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
We've had a few referrals turn in to successful sales.

We've also used the service to find MSPs in some areas to contract out-of-market business to.

Sure, I'd love it if it generated more business that it has to date, but it doesn't cost anything to be part of the program and its made us some money, so I'm happy with it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
I have had 2 successful gigs from about 15 referrals. I call them almost immediately after receiving them. I have had at least two competitors checking out who is in their area and I have had two or three people interested in buying a camera. I talked to one this morning where a woman was at a conference where Matterport was and put her card in a bowl and has not ended up getting lots of calls from MSPs when she thought she was entering a drawing.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Like some here, I have managed to convert a good number of MSP leads into sales. I receive a few a month.

Sometimes, I'll get a MSP lead and the person has already been to my website and then called me before I can respond!

Compared to other programs - with Google Street View I have received over 100 leads and converted about 5 of them. Those 5 were worth the other 95 -- I just have a very nice stock e-mail where I change a few things and refer them to my website. It's too much heartbreak otherwise :-)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Bale100 private msg quote post Address this user
The leads need to be qualified before sending them through.

In most cases Matterport are sending us their own internal leads - new entrants looking to see who is operating in a particular area i.e. camera product leads not service / scanning leads.
Post 15 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Most of the people we got wanted to buy a cam and asked for a free demo. At the moment 0 succesfull leads.
As I also donĀ“t want competitors when not having any benefit of bringing MP a new customer, I always start with the legals and disadvantages ;-)
Post 16 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I am in favor of Matterport simply shutting down the MSP program and instead taking all of the leads for themselves and then contracting out some of us to do them at $0.08/sqft. Especially if I get exclusivity for my area

That's not fair at all to anyone else - but it would work better Especially for me

Otherwise, Matterport is operating a program with $0 revenue for itself ... not sure they can really qualify the leads.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I think an MSP / client feedback system needs to be introduced based on merit; experience (number of models / scans), grade MSPs based on quality submit best model for review (positioning, black spots, reflections, trimming etc) not just first model and allow clients to provide online feedback following each scan / model.

This way the committed pros are rewarded and should be able to charge more from demanding clients looking for quality, the newbies have an incentive to learn / progress and the providers that cut corners or deliver low quality are exposed.

The leads need to be qualified based on the service / scan or product / camera lead, decision maker, budget, timeframe and alternative solutions / do nothing.

Any pro sales / marketing / team / software qualifies leads.

Most of the contact details are dubious e mail addresses.

There is also a question of whether Matterport want do this or whether the MSP program is intended to lure in new entrants with a false sense of security?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
I am in favor of Matterport simply shutting down the MSP program and instead taking all of the leads for themselves and then contracting out some of us to do them at $0.08/sqft. Especially if I get exclusivity for my area

That's not fair at all to anyone else - but it would work better Especially for me

Otherwise, Matterport is operating a program with $0 revenue for itself ... not sure they can really qualify the leads.

Set pricing doesn't work for all areas. I've got a starter-home property coming up that's under 1000 sqft with no basement. If I were to do that at .08c/sqft I'd net less than $60 after the processing fee.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Agree, price fixing does not work.

Each market is different and we should live in a free market in economy where choice, quality, differentiation and availability determine prices.

We know there's availability & choice in most markets, however the quality & differentiation maybe to difficult to spot for an untrained eye i.e. new prospects.

Hence Matterport grading & client feedback to help make it clear.
Post 20 IP   flag post
101421 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?