Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSV17Museums

Museum Tours5223

SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a Museum tour I found by google I guess, google street, not sure what camera they use to do this but.... I wanted to find out what folks thought of this - good and bad. I can tell you what I miss right off the bat but I'll hold my observations for a moment.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting. I wonder if they are using local Google Trusted Photographers or if they have staff photographers doing it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
lauks private msg quote post Address this user
as it is the British Museum, I suppose they used a nctech camera (no depth information)
Post 3 IP   flag post
BoniVR private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that have used google street view app or external 360 cameras to capture 360 photos and connected 360 panos manually or automatically as explained here:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7011737?hl=en&ref_topic=6275604
Post 4 IP   flag post
Well for me as a user of this experience - right away I missed the doll house view - gamer changer and seeing this absolutely!
Post 5 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Google has a Special Collections team that captures spaces such as museums and places of public interest(stadiums for example). Most museums, including the British Museum, were captured with the Google SV Trolly. (see if you can find the trolly's reflection)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@TrustedPhotoDC So I guess that means that these types of high profile spaces probably aren't a good target to try to get into?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Well if I'm not mistaken Matterport can seam with google street and I guess the variable would be - can it still have doll house. Either way I'd rather have the doll house so I can tell what kind of space it is and understand quickly where I am in that space - the little drawing does little for me personally.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Spencerlasky I would be really surprised if Matterport will be able to keep any of it's additional features since it appears that Google wants to keep a uniform look to the tours. I'm not totally sure of that though.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yes well I guess I'd personally sell the Matterport solution and down play the advantages to seaming into google street view - which I believe, if I had the option of going from a google street view into a museum or doll house so I can understand the space I'd take doll house any day.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10